Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

So hamas are behaving within the law and given the chance they wouldnt kill isreali children would they?

They indiscriminatley lob rockets at isreal and if it wernt for the fact that isreal has a decent anti-missle system they would be killing isreali civilians and children. At least the isreali armed forces are obvious and dont cower behind the skirts of women and children bleating that its not fair that they are being attacked, when seemingly its OK for them to attack

Try reading what I write; it'll help.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 13:36 ----------

Children usually become casualties of war and the best way to avoid them being killed is to avoid war, Gaza can avoid war by not firing rockets into a Israel. There is nothing criminal about defending yourself and your people.

There might be something criminal about shelling a building where you know civilians are being sheltered.

There might be something criminal about shelling a building where you know civilians are being sheltered.

Soldiers on the ground will only know if shots are fired from a building, and not who is inside, if civilians are in a building that Hamas are using then Hamas are responsible if they die.

Soldiers on the ground will only know if shots are fired from a building, and not who is inside, if civilians are in a building that Hamas are using then Hamas are responsible if they die.

The UN staff at that shelter repeatedly informed the Israelis of their location.

Israel knew full well that the buildings were full of civilians seeking refuge.

The UN staff at that shelter repeatedly informed the Israelis of their location.

They're both at fault. Hamas clearly don't mind hiding behind women and kids and Israel clearly don't mind shooting at them. Let's say Israel don't fire - Hamas can continue firing rockets with impunity. Is that ok?

Because they're behaving criminally and killing children. Do you think we should ignore that?

Aren't Hamas firing rockets into Israel constantly. Why do you continue to ignore that?

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:05 ----------

So probably a good reason for Hamas to target the place and then point the finger elsewhere.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:07 ----------

Try reading what I write; it'll help.

I doubt it. It never has in the past.

In boxing one sided fights get stopped.

The Israeli offensive has gone way beyond the point where any reasonable person thinks theyre defending themselves. This is a one sided onslaught.

At what point will the Israelis think theyve won and at what point will Hamas admit they cannot win an armed fight?

Friends of both sides should encourage them to see this particular battle is over. Israel cant be proud of killing so many civilians and Hamas cannot be proud of their provocation.

Aren't Hamas firing rockets into Israel constantly. Why do you continue to ignore that?

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying Israel's response to it is disproportionate.

So probably a good reason for Hamas to target the place and then point the finger elsewhere.

There's no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. The Isaeli defence force has admitted firing in the vicinity of the school.

And what do you think Israel would gain by deliberately shelling a building which only contained civilians and UN personnel?

So it was either an error which happens in war, friendly fire situations are very common.

Or the soldiers on the ground didn't get the message and saw shots fired from the building.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:14 ----------

In boxing one sided fights get stopped.

The Israeli offensive has gone way beyond the point where any reasonable person thinks theyre defending themselves. This is a one sided onslaught.

At what point will the Israelis think theyve won and at what point will Hamas admit they cannot win an armed fight?

Friends of both sides should encourage them to see this particular battle is over. Israel cant be proud of killing so many civilians and Hamas cannot be proud of their provocation.

Hamas are managing to kill Israeli soldiers so it is clearly not one sided.

I'm not ignoring it. I'm saying Israel's response to it is disproportionate.

Well if you were running Israel and the neighbouring country was firing rockets at your civilian population, and blowing up your buses what would you do?

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:27 ----------

There's no evidence whatsoever that that was the case. The Isaeli defence force has admitted firing in the vicinity of the school.

But there is also no evidence whatsoever that Israel hit the building. I think you will find that Hamas were firing rockets in the vicinity too. It seems to me that Israel hits the intended targets rather more often than Hamas who seem content to use casualties amongst the local population for propaganda purposes.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 14:29 ----------

And what do you think Israel would gain by deliberately shelling a building which only contained civilians and UN personnel?

So it was either an error which happens in war, friendly fire situations are very common.

Or the soldiers on the ground didn't get the message and saw shots fired from the building.

Or it was deliberately targetted by Hamas for propaganda purposes.

Archived