Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

So anyway, again, does anyone have any thoughts on why Egypt are keeping so quiet in this, any signs of them lifting their blockade on Gaza? Or any thoughts on why the Gazan government isn't shelling them as well? I keep asking but no one seems to have an answer to this conundrum.

I'd say it was more terrorist action by Hamas on a country they think has no right to exist and should be annihilated, and defensive action by Israel, than a war, mafya?

Egypt won't open the border because they don't want the Hamas and Isis terrorists entering Egypt, they are more than happy that Israel to trying to take out both groups.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 18:55 ----------

Egypt hate Hamas due to its links with the Muslim brotherhood plus it needs the US military aid it receives so it's not good for them to go against what the Israeli puppet the USA wants.

Anyone who thinks that Hamas has the capability to wipe israel off the map is just as stupid as Hamas themselves.

No one does think that, but it doesn't change the fact that if they could acquire that capability they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Egypt won't open the border because they don't want the Hamas and Isis terrorists entering Egypt, they are more than happy that Israel to trying to take out both groups.
Thanks for your answer, which is my thoughts anyway.

I'd more be interested in the thoughts as to why from the anti-Israel camp on here. They never mention Egypt, a Muslim country, which is strange as they've in the past been operating a tighter blockade than Israel ever have, and even tightened it last year, according to reports I've read. And Hamas themselves have blamed Egypt for turning Gaza into a 'prison' and yet no attacks on Egypt, only on Israel. Very puzzling and confusing to an outsider.

Thanks for your answer, which is my thoughts anyway.

I'd more be interested in the thoughts as to why from the anti-Israel camp on here. They never mention Egypt, a Muslim country, which is strange as they've in the past been operating a tighter blockade than Israel ever have, and even tightened it last year, according to reports I've read. And Hamas themselves have blamed Egypt for turning Gaza into a 'prison' and yet no attacks on Egypt, only on Israel. Very puzzling and confusing to an outsider.

Both you and Bob would do well to read this.

As for the "anti Israel camp",no one on here is been anti Israel,they are against the slaughtering of kids,bombing of houses,schools,hospitals,power plants,markets and mosques.

That doesn't make anyone anti Israel.

Although actions like this,certainly won't be winning them any new friends any time soon.

Egypt hate Hamas due to its links with the Muslim brotherhood plus it needs the US military aid it receives so it's not good for them to go against what the Israeli puppet the USA wants.

Anyone who thinks that Hamas has the capability to wipe israel off the map is just as stupid as Hamas themselves.

I'm a bit shocked that you and your fellow Muslims aren't kicking off about this as well, tbf. They should be including it in their protests in town, give the Egyptians a mention at least. Or does it work only if the hated Jews are involved?

Nobody thinks that the Gazan (Hamas) government is going to be able to do that, but that is the stated aim of Hamas, isn't it? To obliterate Israel and install an Islamic state in those areas? If not, what is their aim? To provoke Israel to such an extent and proportionate response that will sicken the Western allies and they'll finish the job for them?

Gaza really needs to stop breaking ceasefires, stop firing rockets, stop sneaking suicide bombers into Israel through tunnels and come to the table and talk, before it's too late.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 19:38 ----------

no one on here is been anti Israel
If it makes you more comfortable to think that, fair does. I disagree with you.

So, given that Egypt has turned Gaza into a prison, according to a member of their government, why no attacks on Egypt? Even the most pro-Gaza have to admit that the provocation comes from Gaza, every time. If there were no rockets, suicide bombers or other attacks, there would be no retaliation from Israel.

The Gazans need to stop this futile campaign and talk to Israel, as members of other world governments keep saying, but no signs of anything happening. In fact the last ceasefire was broken within hours of it being agreed. They seem to have no open support from other Islamic states either. Which suggests to me that they're a pariah state even in the ME.

Gaza teeters on the brink after half a million are made homeless, medical supplies run out, morgues overflow and ANOTHER shelter full of children gets bombed as UN chief says: 'It's a criminal act'

This is not war this is MASSACRE

An indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714575/Humanitarian-crisis-Gaza-half-million-homeless.html

David Cameron hamstrung over criticising Israel's Gaza offensive

Analysis: With an election looming, the PM risks alientating donors and voters if he comes down too hard on IDF's actions

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/03/david-cameron-dilemma-criticising-israel-gaza-offensive

Zionism is the cancer in our civilization

I'm a bit shocked that you and your fellow Muslims aren't kicking off about this as well, tbf. They should be including it in their protests in town, give the Egyptians a mention at least. Or does it work only if the hated Jews are involved?

Nobody thinks that the Gazan (Hamas) government is going to be able to do that, but that is the stated aim of Hamas, isn't it? To obliterate Israel and install an Islamic state in those areas? If not, what is their aim? To provoke Israel to such an extent and proportionate response that will sicken the Western allies and they'll finish the job for them?

Gaza really needs to stop breaking ceasefires, stop firing rockets, stop sneaking suicide bombers into Israel through tunnels and come to the table and talk, before it's too late.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 19:38 ----------

If it makes you more comfortable to think that, fair does. I disagree with you.

So, given that Egypt has turned Gaza into a prison, according to a member of their government, why no attacks on Egypt? Even the most pro-Gaza have to admit that the provocation comes from Gaza, every time. If there were no rockets, suicide bombers or other attacks, there would be no retaliation from Israel.

The Gazans need to stop this futile campaign and talk to Israel, as members of other world governments keep saying, but no signs of anything happening. In fact the last ceasefire was broken within hours of it being agreed. They seem to have no open support from other Islamic states either. Which suggests to me that they're a pariah state even in the ME.

Do you not understand why the Palestinians are resisting?

They were turfed out of their homes and are living a life under occupation you ignoramus!

The Palestinians are reacting to the acts of aggression by the Zionist Jewish terrorists.

Hamas is fighting on behalf of the Palestinian people and no attacks on Egypt because they are not killing Palestinians.

Do you think israel would let Egypt open the crossing without its agreement?

No because then Egypt will end up getting bombed by these mad Jewish extremists too..

Refererring back to a previous question, what exactly are Israel "defending" themselves against now?

Google: Rockets land on Israel. I'm getting old news - and the rockets landed in open areas killing nobody.

As noted above, the Israeli response is a "moral outrage" and a "criminal act", and nothing to do with defence.

Both you and Bob would do well to read this.

As for the "anti Israel camp",no one on here is been anti Israel,they are against the slaughtering of kids,bombing of houses,schools,hospitals,power plants,markets and mosques.

That doesn't make anyone anti Israel.

Although actions like this,certainly won't be winning them any new friends any time soon.

Not very good justification for launching rockets at Israel, they might have been better off launching at Egypt since it was they that closed the border.

From the link

When Hamas framed its attacks on Israel as showing solidarity with the West Bank protests, this was in part to undermine Fatah and paint Hamas as the "true" champion of Palestinian unity.

Hamas joined the national unity government because the status quo was unbearable. When it became clear that a government of national unity would not improve the situation, the belief that violence was its only leverage gained strength.

In addition, Hamas is under constant pressure from more militant groups in the Gaza Strip who accuse it of selling out to Israel.

So they attacked Israel for political reasons, because they was loosing support.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 20:46 ----------

Gaza teeters on the brink after half a million are made homeless, medical supplies run out, morgues overflow and ANOTHER shelter full of children gets bombed as UN chief says: 'It's a criminal act'

This is not war this is MASSACRE

An indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2714575/Humanitarian-crisis-Gaza-half-million-homeless.html

David Cameron hamstrung over criticising Israel's Gaza offensive

Analysis: With an election looming, the PM risks alientating donors and voters if he comes down too hard on IDF's actions

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/03/david-cameron-dilemma-criticising-israel-gaza-offensive

Zionism is the cancer in our civilization

I don't think the UK government is in a position to condemn Israel after our campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 20:47 ----------

Do you not understand why the Palestinians are resisting?

They were turfed out of their homes and are living a life under occupation you ignoramus!

The Palestinians are reacting to the acts of aggression by the Zionist Jewish terrorists.

Hamas is fighting on behalf of the Palestinian people and no attacks on Egypt because they are not killing Palestinians.

Do you think israel would let Egypt open the crossing without its agreement?

No because then Egypt will end up getting bombed by these mad Jewish extremists too..

No they are not.

---------- Post added 03-08-2014 at 20:49 ----------

Refererring back to a previous question, what exactly are Israel "defending" themselves against now?

Google: Rockets land on Israel. I'm getting old news - and the rockets landed in open areas killing nobody.

As noted above, the Israeli response is a "moral outrage" and a "criminal act", and nothing to do with defence.

From rockets that are being fired into Israel, were it lands isn't really the point, fire enough and sooner or later one will hit its intended target.

From rockets that are being fired into Israel, were it lands isn't really the point, fire enough and sooner or later one will hit its intended target.

So you'd still call Israeli actions "defence"?

When America, Israel's closest ally describes their acts as "disgraceful" and "appalling", it's time for Israel to stop.

The United States said on Sunday it was “appalled” by the “disgraceful” shelling by Israel of a United Nations school sheltering some 3,000 displaced people in southern Gaza.

In language that was rare in its directness and severity, the US denounced the attack which occurred earlier in the day and killed 10 people, noting that the school had been designated a protected location and the Israel Defense Forces had been informed numerous times of the school’s coordinates. (my emphasis) http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/us-appalled-disgraceful-israeli-shelling-gaza-un-school

Seems like the Americans aren't even using the word "defence".

So you'd still call Israeli actions "defence"?

When America, Israel's closest ally describes their acts as "disgraceful" and "appalling", it's time for Israel to stop.

The United States said on Sunday it was “appalled” by the “disgraceful” shelling by Israel of a United Nations school sheltering some 3,000 displaced people in southern Gaza.

In language that was rare in its directness and severity, the US denounced the attack which occurred earlier in the day and killed 10 people, noting that the school had been designated a protected location and the Israel Defense Forces had been informed numerous times of the school’s coordinates. (my emphasis) http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/03/us-appalled-disgraceful-israeli-shelling-gaza-un-school

Seems like the Americans aren't even using the word "defence".

Gaza are still attacking Israel with rockets and sending armed men into Israel through tunnels, Israel are defending against this attack by attempting to disarm Hamas and the other militant groups working in Gaza.

The USA aren't really in a position to say Israel are wrong after their wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in which many thousands of civilians were killed.

Archived