Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

Its appears that Hamas wanted the last word because they fired a salvo of rockets minutes before the ceasefire took affect.

both sides will claim victory, I think they both lost but if I had to call this one I would call it for Hamas. Their propaganda victory has been considerable and of course they won't care that well over 1500 Arab lives have been lost.

How long do you think it will take Israel to stop taking more land, building illegal homes, destroying Palestinian crops, buildings, schools, mosques- crippling their economy, humiliating them daily via military and police checkpoints, stop controlling their water and electricity, stop constructing apartheid 'Jewish-only roads', stop shooting their children etc.

If I wanted Hamas to stop firing rockets- I would at least consider stop doing the above-THEN we may see some lasting peace..:rolleyes:

Of course- you sitting at home cannot imagine what these people go through- but put yourself in their shoes for one moment- see if you would not feel like resisting.

If hamas stopped firing rockets there wouldn't be any need for all that in the first place

And yet those conditions have prevailed for many years regardless of whether Hamas have been firing rockets or not.

Unless Israel commits to real change the conditions will exist where people feel compelled to use violence.

Er, no. The rockets launched by the Gazans are real enough. If they want peace, let them simply stop their madness.

Why are Israel restricting their water, electricity and medical provisions?

Many state they are attacking them as a result of living in the largest open air prison in the world.

And yet those conditions have prevailed for many years regardless of whether Hamas have been firing rockets or not.

Unless Israel commits to real change the conditions will exist where people feel compelled to use violence.

Because most Arabs declined the two state solution, waged war on the people of Israel and have threatened and tried to destroy them.

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 11:54 ----------

Why are Israel restricting their water, electricity and medical provisions?

Many state they are attacking them as a result of living in the largest open air prison in the world.

Israel supplies them with electricity, medical supplies, food, fuel, and water.

Evidence please.

Its best if you look for the evidence yourselves but I will start you off.

Israel is accused of imposing a blockade on Gaza but, in truth, Israel only maintains a maritime military blockade, whereas the Gaza Strip is landlocked because of Egypt. Israel prevents the entry of Iranian weaponry to Gaza by sea, while Egypt does not want Gazans to enter its territory. A 2011 UN panel chaired by Sir Geoffrey Palmer concluded that Israel’s naval and military blockade of Gaza is both justified and legal under international law. Indeed, even Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas said in June 2010 that Israel’s military maritime blockade was necessary in order to prevent Hamas from obtaining more weapons. Four months ago, in March 2014, the Israel Navy intercepted a shipment of missiles sent by Iran to the Gaza Strip.

While Israel supplies the Gaza Strip with electricity, water, food, medicine, and all non-military items, Egypt prevents the entry of such goods into Gaza.

http://www.i24news.tv/en/opinion/38008-140723-why-does-israel-supply-gaza-with-electricity-and-cement

http://mfa.gov.il/mfa/foreignpolicy/peace/humanitarian/pages/israeli-humanitarian-aid-continues-10-jul-2014.aspx

Following international condemnation of Sunday's deadly airstrike on a UN school in Gaza, Israel's Defence Force (IDF) has released footage showing lorries being loaded up with aid for Palestinian civilians.

According to the Israeli military, 186 truckloads of food, medical supplies, fuel and other goods made their way into Gaza via the Kerem Shalom border crossing on Sunday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/gaza/11010611/Israel-delivers-aid-to-Gaza-amid-condemnation-of-UN-school-bombing.html

Evidence please.

I would have expected someone who spouts so much on the subject to at least have a grasp of the facts.

http://electronicintifada.net/content/how-gaza-gets-power/7844

GAZA (IRIN) - Gaza’s sole power station supplies about 30 percent of Gaza’s electricity; 10 lines from Israel supply about 62 percent; and two lines from Egypt about eight percent.

Archived