Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

mafya will claim that this is all fake as the big brave men of hamas dont fire rockets from residential areas do they? :loopy:

I don't really support Hamas just so that you know.......

I really dont get his anger unless like you say its a muslim solidarity thing. I wonder if hes angry for the Jewish dead?

I totally get his anger despite being an atheist who thinks Islam and all religion are very bad things and have many times in the past had heated discussions with mafya.

Hundreds of children have been killed in the past few weeks, that's a pretty good reason to get angry.

And yes I'm also angry about the Jewish people who've been killed. However I'm much more angry about the almost 2000 palestinians who've been killed than I am about the 65 or so Israelis who've been killed, for obvious reasons.

Why are you angry?

I think you're being wilfully obtuse again. It's clear from the post you responded to that he was angry about - a call for 'concentration camps' and the 'total conquest' of Gaza.

That would upset any sane human being would it not?

I totally get his anger despite being an atheist who thinks Islam and all religion are very bad things and have many times in the past had heated discussions with mafya.

Hundreds of children have been killed in the past few weeks, that's a pretty good reason to get angry.

And yes I'm also angry about the Jewish people who've been killed. However I'm much more angry about the almost 2000 palestinians who've been killed than I am about the 65 or so Israelis who've been killed, for obvious reasons.

Everyone's upset and concerned about even one child being killed, that goes without saying. But that's as far as it ever seems to go, people express their anger, but they never seem to have any suggestions as to what Israel is supposed to do to defend itself? What do you think they should do to prevent any more rocket attacks?

What does the rest of the world want Israel to do, that couldn't equally well be achieved by Gaza desisting from attacking Israel? Even in the last few hours of the latest ceasefire, they were still firing rockets off. Many of the rockets they've sent off over time have actually landed in Gaza and caused injury to their own people but they're still at it. They don't seem to care about hurting their own citizens.

And if the people of Gaza want peace and their government to desist, are they demonstrating the streets to show this? I've seen loads of reports of people in the rest of the world demonstrating, but nothing from Gaza itself.

It all seems very one sided with everything expected of Israel and nothing expected of Gaza.

Everyone's upset and concerned about even one child being killed, that goes without saying. But that's as far as it ever seems to go, people express their anger, but they never seem to have any suggestions as to what Israel is supposed to do to defend itself? What do you think they should do to prevent any more rocket attacks?

What does the rest of the world want Israel to do, that couldn't equally well be achieved by Gaza desisting from attacking Israel? Even in the last few hours of the latest ceasefire, they were still firing rockets off. Many of the rockets they've sent off over time have actually landed in Gaza and caused injury to their own people but they're still at it. They don't seem to care about hurting their own citizens.

And if the people of Gaza want peace and their government to desist, are they demonstrating the streets to show this? I've seen loads of reports of people in the rest of the world demonstrating, but nothing from Gaza itself.

It all seems very one sided with everything expected of Israel and nothing expected of Gaza.

As Mr Fisk put it so eloquently a while back - ''stop taking more land, building illegal homes, destroying Palestinian crops, buildings, schools, mosques- crippling their economy, humiliating them daily via military and police checkpoints, stop controlling their water and electricity, stop constructing apartheid 'Jewish-only roads', stop shooting their children etc.''

I think you're being wilfully obtuse again. It's clear from the post you responded to that he was angry about - a call for 'concentration camps' and the 'total conquest' of Gaza.

But sane people would read all the story and after reading it only insane people would get angry.

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 21:32 ----------

As Mr Fisk put it so eloquently a while back - ''stop taking more land, building illegal homes, destroying Palestinian crops, buildings, schools, mosques- crippling their economy, humiliating them daily via military and police checkpoints, stop controlling their water and electricity, stop constructing apartheid 'Jewish-only roads', stop shooting their children etc.''

So what you are saying is that Israel should just close the border between Israel and Gaza and let Gaza get on with what ever it is they want to do. If Gaza use this new found freedom to acquire bigger and better rockets and they launch them at Israel would you then support Israels right to launch a massive counter attack and end the problem once and for all?

Everyone's upset and concerned about even one child being killed,
I get the impression quite a lot of people don't actually care that much about it, no where near enough at least. Neither does Jon Snow, in fact that's precisely the subject of this thread.

But that's as far as it ever seems to go, people express their anger, but they never seem to have any suggestions as to what Israel is supposed to do to defend itself? What do you think they should do to prevent any more rocket attacks?

I'd also agree with Halibut and Mr Fisk: "stop taking more land, building illegal homes, destroying Palestinian crops, buildings, schools, mosques- crippling their economy, humiliating them daily via military and police checkpoints, stop controlling their water and electricity, stop constructing apartheid 'Jewish-only roads', stop shooting their children etc.''

You'd think so but apparently not.

Archived