Children of Gaza-John Snow's message

"Nobody is defending Hamas" ...

I think people are opposing action against innocent civilians, not Hamas. There is a clear distinction here, just as there is a clear distinction between Israeli citizens and their government.

Israel didn't take any action against innocent civilians, they took action against terrorist organizations that are operating within a densely populated civilian area and the civilians were untargeted but unfortunate casualties of that operation, so by opposing that action they are in fact defending the terrorists. Israels government was elected by the people and the people of Israel overwhelmingly supported the action. Hamas was elected by the people and their actions were overwhelmingly supported by the electorate. Its a war between two peoples not two governments.

---------- Post added 07-08-2014 at 06:56 ----------

What in your view is proportionate force is then?

They don't think any force would be proportionate because they support the terrorists actions against Israel and oppose israel.

They don't think any force would be proportionate because they support the terrorists actions against Israel and oppose israel.

And coming to a home near you soon .... oops it already has with 7/7

And coming to a home near you soon .... oops it already has with 7/7

Perhaps you could tell us what July 7th had to do with Palestinians. Three of the 4 bombers were born in England of Pakistani origin. The other was born in Jamaica.

They also bombed the tube and a bus, not homes.

That's a very simple black and white view!

So, every action taken by the government of the day is done in your name, you support it? Obviously not, I'm sure!

It takes a particularly type of detached person to authorise a strike against any enemy knowing that many civilians will be killed. You appear to be such a detached person. Granted you describe the civilian casualties as "unfortunate", but the best I can detect is crocodile tears. You sound more than happy to press the button that launches the missile yourself. Would that be right?

You say that anyone who opposes Israeli actions is defending terrorists? Is it possible to take up a more extreme viewpoint? Can you understand that others don't see it this way?

Perhaps you could tell us what July 7th had to do with Palestinians. Three of the 4 bombers were born in England of Pakistani origin. The other was born in Jamaica.

They also bombed the tube and a bus, not homes.

What is has to do with Palestinians is that what is has to do with the rest of the planet i.e. islamic domination. Why do you think that muslims try and use the excuse of what happens in Israel/gaza as justification for islamic violence around ther world?

So, every action taken by the government of the day is done in your name, you support it? Obviously not, I'm sure!

It takes a particularly type of detached person to authorise a strike against any enemy knowing that many civilians will be killed. You appear to be such a detached person. Granted you describe the civilian casualties as "unfortunate", but the best I can detect is crocodile tears. You sound more than happy to press the button that launches the missile yourself. Would that be right?

You say that anyone who opposes Israeli actions is defending terrorists? Is it possible to take up a more extreme viewpoint? Can you understand that others don't see it this way?

I think if one of our neighbouring countries stated its aim to be the complete distruction of the UK and back it up with salvos of high explosive rockets on an almost daily basis, and dug tunnels to allow terrorists to cross our borders and blow civilians up on buses taking them to work then I'd be happy for our government to do whatever it took to stop that. That would apply which ever party was in power.

No but because I live in democratic country I accept it. And a majority of Israelis and Gazan's supported the actions their respective governments have taken.

It takes a particularly type of detached person to authorise a strike against any enemy knowing that many civilians will be killed.

Many civilians didn't die because Israel went to great lengths to avoid civilian casualties, did you know that the war in Iraq as resulted in the deaths of 139 people each and every day for the past ten year, in Gaza it works out at less than half that.

You appear to be such a detached person. Granted you describe the civilian casualties as "unfortunate", but the best I can detect is crocodile tears. You sound more than happy to press the button that launches the missile yourself. Would that be right?

If risking the lives of your children was the only way to protect my children, yes I would launch the missile.

Of cause I understand that other don't see it like that, but just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. I don't hold the Israelis at all responsible because they had no choice but to respond to a threat that only had a military solution.

I think you place tòo much faith in a military solution and place too little value on the lives of innocent civilians.

Just like 911 or 7/7 and the countless thousands of innocent civilians killed by islamic terrorists around the world, then. Or perhaps you think they were innocent?

EDIT

Here's what else happened in the Middle-East whilst the Gaza squabble was going on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-28691901

Archived