New Sports Stadium

ptrA

The "Star", this week. Sheffield Eagles applying for planning permission to build a new stadium in Sheffield. The site is where the ex Don Valley Stadium is currently being demolished. :loopy:

Personally I like Owlerton, lets face the Sheffield public will never switch allegiance from their overachieving, highly successful, makes you proud to be a sheffielder soccer teams. So why not stick where we are?

As Sheffield Eagles Play Rugby. I fail to see what football has got to do with

any new stadium.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 19:57 ----------

Personally I like Owlerton, lets face the Sheffield public will never switch allegiance from their overachieving, highly successful, makes you proud to be a sheffielder soccer teams. So why not stick where we are?

any new stadium. The Owlerton Stadium in my opinion is not a great venue for

Rugby or Football. Though I do remember when Owls reserves and their A team used to hold matches there.

Edited by bazjea

The "Star", this week. Sheffield Eagles applying for planning permission to build a new stadium in Sheffield. The site is where the ex Don Valley Stadium is currently being demolished. :loopy:

It was poor for rugby and football because the spectators were a long way from the pitch - and there was next to no atmosphere.

What's difficult to get. Don Vally was a rubbish team sport stadium that Sheffield Eagles did not want to use, they now want to build a stadium that fits their needs.

any new stadium.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 19:57 ----------

any new stadium. The Owlerton Stadium in my opinion is not a great venue for

Rugby or Football. Though I do remember when Owls reserves and their A team used to hold matches there.

Er, my point was that the Sheffield public will never become Rugby League fans.

Er, my point was that the Sheffield public will never become Rugby League fans.

Well some must, as the Sheffield Eagles have existed since 1983-4, and would not be contemplating building a new stadium. If they didn't think it would

be a viable project.

Well some must, as the Sheffield Eagles have existed since 1983-4, and would not be contemplating building a new stadium. If they didn't think it would

be a viable project.

I just do not see the point of building another white elephant after we just demolished an old one. My point is that with an average home support of under 1000 there seems little point in throwing money at a project that will never, in my opinion, garner the support of a local fan base that is so dedicated to soccer.

I just do not see the point of building another white elephant after we just demolished an old one. My point is that with an average home support of under 1000 there seems little point in throwing money at a project that will never, in my opinion, garner the support of a local fan base that is so dedicated to soccer.

I'm guessing that the stadium won't be built with public money, so there must be a business plan that can justify the cost of building a stadium.

The one just demolished was primarily an Athletics stadium.

Sheffield Eagles did play there. The main complaint was the playing area was too far from the viewing area. As it is at Owlerton, where the playing area Is the far side of the Greyhound Track and the Speedway Track.

Surely this is why they want a new stadium. Where the spectators will be closer to the pitch and will generate a better atmosphere.and increase the gate.