Castlegate/old Market area redevelopment

They are completely different propositions.

Its only a £5 million project and they havent got funding yet, so not sure what there is to get nervous about. I really hope they do demolish it as its an ugly area now and has many design flaws that make it unsuitable for redevelopment other than flattening. I dont think what happens down there is that importnat compared to other parts of the city.

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 18:53 ----------

No you made a quite from me about a completely different subject.

So I see your point is you dont want the new money jobs and development thats been attracted because it's bad for Sheffield in your eyes.

I replied to your quotes that were directed at me, if you can't even follow a thread how do you expect to be taken seriously.

Money and jobs and development were created and wasted the first time around, Sheffield is still paying for it.

I replied to your quotes that were directed at me, if you can't even follow a thread how do you expect to be taken seriously.

Money and jobs and development were created and wasted the first time around, Sheffield is still paying for it.

The quote you used was not directed at you it was to someone else duh! Taken from a thread i was having a discussion with someone else. Your the one that cant follow. You dont seem to know anything about the new development and rather than new jobs and investment come to the city youd prefer the Council did nothing to encourage or assist.

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 19:55 ----------

Perhaps we can have the Rag and Tag back,or Norfolk Market hall or the Sheaf or the Castle Market .Places we all loved and thought of as being as much a part of Sheffield as Steel and cutlery works.

If the people of sheffield loved them so much then why did they desert them to shop elsewhere, thereby leading to the markets shrinking and closing?

The decision on the lottery funding for the new archaeological park is due any day. 2 weeks ago they were told in would be made in about a week.

The demolition will happen anyway, as derelict buildings are still hit with business rates till they are flattened. There's also a risk of squatters in its present state.

The quote you used was not directed at you it was to someone else duh! Taken from a thread i was having a discussion with someone else. Your the one that cant follow. You dont seem to know anything about the new development and rather than new jobs and investment come to the city youd prefer the Council did nothing to encourage or assist.

---------- Post added 14-10-2014 at 19:55 ----------

If the people of sheffield loved them so much then why did they desert them to shop elsewhere, thereby leading to the markets shrinking and closing?

My post was "Bigger debt" in response to another poster,

you asked the question,

"So how much do you think it will be?

What are the figures?

Are you against the redevelopment and think they shouldnt bother?"

Now if you can't follow the thread don't expect to be taken seriously..

• 4 months later...

I want to record the demolition of Castle Market I know work has started on the inside has anything happened on the outside? Does anyone know if the demolition includes the Market Traven and the shop unit next door and if Wikcos shop set to go at a later date. I don't live in Sheffield now so I don't know how far things have gone . Thanks