Castlegate/old Market area redevelopment

Stop being a noob, within 500

yards of the Town Hall there was hundreds of little mesters shops,forges,and blacksmiths .

And they were there just a short time ago.

I have highlighted the key word.

I have worked in the City Centre most of my working life and unless you are defining over 30 years as a "short time ago" then you are talking nonsense.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Its not civil bloody servants this Town needs its Steel workers. cutlery workers, bricklayers, buffers and miners.

Pull the bloody edifice to useless created toss pot jobs down and bring back a living artery into town.

Which useless toss pot jobs are they then the social services who deal with children, elderly and disabled ?

Or do not really have a clue about what you're talking about

Its not civil bloody servants this Town needs its Steel workers. cutlery workers, bricklayers, buffers and miners.

Pull the bloody edifice to useless created toss pot jobs down and bring back a living artery into town.

I've got a serious question.

Who is to work down the mines? I'm not doing it and i'm not sending my son down either. I worked on the coal health contract on the government side and spent years reading miners medical records. I wouldn't send anyone down to do that, I down care how well paid it is. Besides which we're a generation or two away from those men, my father was a miner and told me never to go down the pit, he hated it, so did my uncles and my cousin who all worked at the same pit (Maltby in case you were wondering). I just can't see lines of youths queuing up to learn to mine

It would be a lot better if they removed that big red monstrosity from the bottom of the Moor so that people could get easy access to the Moor.

It was earmarked for demolition, but then at the last minute the council decided to move back in and spend a ton of money on 'refurbishment'

It was earmarked for demolition, but then at the last minute the council decided to move back in and spend a ton of money on 'refurbishment'

It's still earmarked for demolition in a future pie in the sky development project - this was always the case, it's just that the council were renting offices while a building they owned sat idle. The demolition was always pie in the sky it's just now the council are saving money on not renting.