Run flat tyre repairs

i have a slow puncture in one of my run flats, any one know of a tyre shop that will repair a puncture in one, its got a tack in the middle of the tyre and it has never been run flat as i have been topping it up. i have phoned several who won't touch it. Dont quite understand why: loathed to replace as its got tons of tread on it.

I dont think (not sure mind) you are allowed to tube a run flat tyre.

The reason most places won't do them is because they have to check the sidewalls for internal damage and the kit to do that is very expensive and the cost of fixing a puncture can be quite a lot more than for a regular tyre. I just ditched my runflats and carry a can of expanding foam now - and an AA members card just in case.

i have a slow puncture in one of my run flats, any one know of a tyre shop that will repair a puncture in one, its got a tack in the middle of the tyre and it has never been run flat as i have been topping it up. i have phoned several who won't touch it. Dont quite understand why: loathed to replace as its got tons of tread on it.

The only reason they will not repair it is because they want to sell you a new one at a hugely inflated price. Walk away from any tyre shop that refuses to repair it - the are probably bent.

The only reason they will not repair it is because they want to sell you a new one at a hugely inflated price. Walk away from any tyre shop that refuses to repair it - the are probably bent.

They won't want to repair it because they don't know how far it has been driven flat and the sidewall's may be badly damaged..the tyre fitter could be leaving himself wide open to a lawsuit if the tyre blew injuring someone...they are supposed to be replaced,not repaired..

. I just ditched my runflats and carry a can of expanding foam now - and an AA members card just in case.

This is the best answer of all:D

Archived