How long to grow a beard?

Its going out of fashion already! Think I'd take that long to grow one too but it would be a ginger one.

Brylcreem reminds me of the late 80s, used to have great smell.

Nothing wrong with a ginger beard!! my OH has jet black hair and his beard is ginger...... looks well cool :love:

I know it will vary from person to person but after a week I seem stuck with a George Michael faith era designer stubble that just keeps looking like ever growing designer stubble rather than a proper beard.

Depends on how long you want it. Mine will grow about 1cm in 2 weeks. If you just leave it for a month (trimming your neck line is optional) you should have something respectable. The itching kicks in at about 2 weeks (for me anyway) and lasts for about another 2 weeks. After that it just seems to go and even if you them trim to a length shorter than when the itching started it, strangely, won't itch.

jb

once it gets past the itching / scratching phase then use a beard trimmer...Some men aren't able to grow a full beard, or some have bald patches - one way round this is to have a goatee (assuming of course it's not your chin area that has the bald patch).

To combat the itchiness some people swear by using hair conditioner on the beard as it softens the bristles (remember to wash out, as you'll have beard dandruff ;))

My beard is between 2 and 5 centimetres, depending on how presentable I have to be (not very at the moment). I want to grow it longer, but it tangles and does freaky wavy curly things that mean that the stage between 5 centimetres and when it is supposed to straighten out is rather nightmarish to manage, so that is usually the point I go back to 2 cm. I sometimes accidentally take too much of - my wife hates it when I do that!

Its proper full on bright ginger that must look weird. So somewhere along the family tree someone had a dalliance with a Leprechaun.

Ay - the grandmother!!

Well its not bright ginger, its more like a dark auburn colour... Though he's recently been finding the odd stray grey hair!!! arrrggghhhh :o

Archived