How long to grow a beard?

Whoa! That really is ginger........ haha

It is awesome isn't it :hihi: funny thing is that it is a definite male characteristic in my family. My grandad always had blonde hair and a ginger beard, my dad had gingery head hair with a very dark gingery beard and I am somewhere in between.

As long as you want.

I've not managed much longer than a year without shaving it all off and starting again. If you have a fairly long beard, you start to receive the odd bit of religious abuse in the street idiotic people who perceive you to be a muslim.

The moustache bit is the problem, once that goes over your lip it needs a trim & then you might as well have a shave. It becomes more effort to try to keep it tidy than shaving.

Don't talk soft. I have a beard and it takes all of 30 seconds to do my moustache. That's what clippers are for.

jb

Don't talk soft. I have a beard and it takes all of 30 seconds to do my moustache. That's what clippers are for.

jb

Really doesn't take much longer to do all the rest though & the moustache is just the most irritating bit, the rest gets untidy quickly, the neck-beard is bad too. Got to keep it trimmed, washed & tidy every day, so once it gets past stubble it's worse than shaving. It's not great in summer either. Besides, my wireless clippers broke, I've got a wired set now that seem more durable, but the wire gets in the way & there's no plug socket in the bathroom. I got some disposable razors & they work great, stick to the two or three blade ones & they'll remove quite a thick beard easily without getting too jammed up.

Think I'm going to get a Turkish shave & get really cleaned up.

Archived