Abandoned factory in dronfield

There was a large factory near the academy on callywhite lane which I went past not long ago from firth wood. A friends dad who is in his 50s said it's been abandoned since he's been a kid but I have only seen it a few times before it was knocked down. Has anybody got any info, pictures ect as curious. Will be appreciated.

Think it was the old padley and venables which is now further up callywhite lane but a lot smaller. They were taken over by an American Coopers Oil I think and a lot of the production was transferred.

This was Padleys no.1 factory which was built around 1959 when they moved up from Hill Street. Later they bought further premises up the road which were occupied by Joy Sullivan.It was known as no.2 factory which is still in use. No.1 factory was vacated when the business was bought out and was derelict for a number of years.

Archived