Im in a dilemma, opinions and suggestions very much appreciated

Someone I know has been evicted from from their home.

They are staying in temporary accommodation just outside town.

The accommodation is run by a housing associahastion, and has an office on site.

My dilemma is this,

The rules of her temp tenancy is that the partner cannot stay for longer than 2 nights a week. BUT this is being ignored, she has had all the help she could hope for and more. She has been accepted for income support as a single parent (he still living there), tax credits have been altered without delay, she can bid on homes of her choice due to help from the housing dept.

So knowing that she is taking advantage of all who are helping her, fraudulently claiming income support and tax credits, planning on moving him in as soon as she the new house and he is working whilst claiming JSA and driving an uninsured car to his place of work.

This kind of behaviour is what people blame "immigrants" for. In my eyes it is not on.

If I report her to DSS her money stops and she is back to square one, If I report her to housing she is once again homeless with two children, but she needs to know that what she is doing is wrong and illegal.

What would you do?

All advice and opinions are welcomed, although I have not posted this to get abuse.

Thankyou,

This is tearing a family apart.

If the partner is earning I'd possibly grass her up. Otherwise maybe wait till she's on her feet and maybe "advise" her there's going to be a crackdown on dodgy claims so she had better get herself sorted sharpish. I'm not sure there is much to be gained putting two kids on the street.

EDIT - partner is working and driving about in an uninsured motor. Shop 'em. They might lose benefits but he's working so, like millions of other people, they'll have to tighten their belts.

If you dont know her that well, that you will feel sorry for her, report her.

If you dont want to do that, you could always make an official looking letter pertaining to be from the local council asking her if she is aware of the rules and she may be investigated/visited.

If the partner is earning I'd possibly grass her up. Otherwise maybe wait till she's on her feet and maybe "advise" her there's going to be a crackdown on dodgy claims so she had better get herself sorted sharpish. I'm not sure there is much to be gained putting two kids on the street.

EDIT - partner is working and driving about in an uninsured motor. Shop 'em. They might lose benefits but he's working so, like millions of other people, they'll have to tighten their belts.

definitely report the uninsured driving, the rest of it is a bit more down to your conscience., although personally I'd like to think that I'd report it, as I don't think claiming fraudulently is in any way acceptable.

The accommodation is run by a housing associahastion, and has an office on site.

My dilemma is this,

The rules of her temp tenancy is that the partner cannot stay for longer than 2 nights a week. BUT this is being ignored, she has had all the help she could hope for and more. She has been accepted for income support as a single parent (he still living there), tax credits have been altered without delay, she can bid on homes of her choice due to help from the housing dept.

So knowing that she is taking advantage of all who are helping her, fraudulently claiming income support and tax credits, planning on moving him in as soon as she the new house and he is working whilst claiming JSA and driving an uninsured car to his place of work.

This kind of behaviour is what people blame "immigrants" for. In my eyes it is not on.

If I report her to DSS her money stops and she is back to square one, If I report her to housing she is once again homeless with two children, but she needs to know that what she is doing is wrong and illegal.

What would you do?

All advice and opinions are welcomed, although I have not posted this to get abuse.

Thankyou,

Its not much of a dilemma, report him and her, give the relevant people all the info you have and leave it to them to sort out.

My dilemma is this,

What would you do?

Thankyou,

I don't see a dilemma! report them both.... scrubbers

Shop em for the lot.

If he's working then he's getting paid under the table otherwise the checks that DWP will have done using his NINO would have flagged up his employment, so report his employer for tax-fraud too.

Shop em for the lot.

If he's working then he's getting paid under the table otherwise the checks that DWP will have done using his NINO would have flagged up his employment, so report his employer for tax-fraud too.

The DWP won't have run any checks on him as she claims she is, and will be, living alone.

@OP: Definitely report for the lack of insurance. I would then have a word and explain that she either amends her claim to include her partner as living with her or you shop her in.

jb

Archived