Todays Driving test

would you pass the theory and driving test if you took it today?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. would you pass the theory and driving test if you took it today?

• yes
    • no

stopping distances can vary according to several things. one of the shortest stopping distances can be the one between you and the HGV in front that has just slammed on the brakes.

some of the worst drivers are generally those who have just passed their test and those with fast expensive cars, both of which can be seen late at night on penistone road, drag racing and seeing how far over the 30mph limit they can get before they are forced to stop at some lights.

i would be a rich man if i got a cut out of the fines that could be levied on this road late at night.

I'd like to think I would pass it, but I doubt my mother would. She passed her test, first time, in 1967, despite the fact that she drove up to the test centre with two tins of Heinz baked beans on the car roof, one of which fell off as she braked. (Don't ask). In the 40 odd years since that day, her driving, if anything, became worse.

My dad (who'd now be 85 if alive) never took a test, although he drove (expertly) for over fifty years without any accidents. He was taught to drive a tank during his National Service days and getting a licence simply involved queuing up in an office and getting his application stamped. The first time he ever drove a car was when he was let out of the Army - he just went to a garage and bought one and drove off in it.

i wouldnt get too hung up on tyres.Carrying a fat passenger can have alot worse effect on stopping distances.

How about not knowing about vehicle dynamics (when carrying a heavy load) and not knowing/caring about the limitations of tyres?

How about not knowing about vehicle dynamics (when carrying a heavy load) and not knowing/caring about the limitations of tyres?

What about it?

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 17:22 ----------

stopping distances can vary according to several things. one of the shortest stopping distances can be the one between you and the HGV in front that has just slammed on the brakes.

some of the worst drivers are generally those who have just passed their test and those with fast expensive cars, both of which can be seen late at night on penistone road, drag racing and seeing how far over the 30mph limit they can get before they are forced to stop at some lights.

i would be a rich man if i got a cut out of the fines that could be levied on this road late at night.

id like a cut from them that dont even know what lane to drive in never mind pass a test.

I would love to see the threads from the people on here that think they would pass when actually they havnt a chance.

What about it?

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 17:22 ----------

id like a cut from them that dont even know what lane to drive in never mind pass a test.

I would love to see the threads from the people on here that think they would pass when actually they havnt a chance.

Do you think you could pass?

Is this thread not it?

Being a competent driver and passing/failing the test(s) is like being a competent worker and passing/failing an interview. They are not related for those with many years driving.

Archived