Todays Driving test

would you pass the theory and driving test if you took it today?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. would you pass the theory and driving test if you took it today?

• yes
    • no

But this is a topical thread where posters/ drivers think they are better than they really are and think the other driver is always wrong, how does anybody know whether they would pass a test when the dont know what the test is {talking generally}.

But this is a topical thread where posters/ drivers think they are better than they really are and think the other driver is always wrong, how does anybody know whether they would pass a test when the dont know what the test is {talking generally}.

yeh, that about sums it up. Not much more to say really.

very true, th ones that are super confident and say they would pass in all probability would fare worse, cocky is as cocky does.

am guessing most older people say 30 onwards would not easily pass the theory or the practical as they will be habitual in the way they drive by that age

Its not age that makes the difference,its ability and most over rate themselfs after all its only them or their mums judging.

Ive asked drivers who proffess to be good drivers basic questions and they havnt a clue.They soon shut up.

questions like...

When do the white lines in the centre of the road get longer?

I think one has got it out of many.So if they dont know the basic warning signs how good are they?

The trouble is with the driving test its so easy a monkey could pass.Most excercises arnt even tested,only a random TWO are now.

Theres no wonder alot of drivers struggle to drive in a straight line never mind know which lane they should be in.

If ALL drivers were made to sit a propertest/ retest many wouldnt even attempt it and alot more would stand no chance.

I hope i live to see that day....

It would be bliss on the roads :)

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 18:19 ----------

very true, th ones that are super confident and say they would pass in all probability would fare worse, cocky is as cocky does.

Rubbish!

Im super confident and i was 3 weeks after my 17th when i passed with no lessons.

I was also super confident when i took the other 3 tests all passed first time.

Id also be superconfident that id pass tommorrow any of the 4 different tests ive taken without any revision at all.

I was also super confident when i taught my kids to pass a test/drive and they both passed their tests first time without paying for a single lesson.

Cocky?? just a little ;)

Its not age that makes the difference,its ability and most over rate themselfs after all its only them or their mums judging.

Ive asked drivers who proffess to be good drivers basic questions and they havnt a clue.They soon shut up.

questions like...

I think one has got it out of many.So if they dont know the basic warning signs how good are they?

The trouble is with the driving test its so easy a monkey could pass.Most excercises arnt even tested,only a random TWO are now.

Theres no wonder alot of drivers struggle to drive in a straight line never mind know which lane they should be in.

If ALL drivers were made to sit a propertest/ retest many wouldnt even attempt it and alot more would stand no chance.

Rubbish!

Im super confident and i was 3 weeks after my 17th when i passed with no lessons.

Id also be superconfident that id pass tommorrow any of the 4 different tests ive taken without any revision at all.

I was also super confident when i taught my kids to pass a test/drive and they both passed their tests first time without paying for a single lesson.

Cocky?? just a little ;)

of course:rolleyes:

I notice 10 people have ticked the No box.

Im curious if they have ever thought about going and doing advanced training and brushing up?

If you know your driving is sub standard then why wouldnt you? I guess we wont hear from them to get an answer but another guess would be cos they dont have to and thats the big problem on our roads,theres no real incentive to improve.

Me,id retest the lot and grade them,the low grades id hammer on insurance forcing more training.That would be alot more use than thinking you can judge safe driving by where the speedo needle points which seems to be the only road safety measure we have.

I think the question here should be, how good a driver are you, yes you can pass the driving test plenty of young drivers do, personally i think its very easy to pass, but the big point is how good a driver are you after you have passed the driving test, that would be my question but this is not my thread, the amount of cutting up, just pulling out of side roads without looking, tare arsing round corners ime sure some people call that good driving.

questions like...

Rubbish!

Cocky?? just a little ;)

Cool story

Archived