Best Microsoft Office

BEDROCK

Yes just looking at Libra and it looks almost identical but cleaner and more modern so if Open is older and has no support then why can you still receive updates in Open, I may switch to Libra now knowing this as it does not seem to be that different and may be more future reliable.

There are probably still open-source hackers that work on OpenOffice but official support from Oracle has stopped. Libre has a much bigger support community these days I believe.

There are probably still open-source hackers that work on OpenOffice but official support from Oracle has stopped. Libre has a much bigger support community these days I believe.

Oracle transferred OpenOffice to the Apache Software Foundation where it is still supported but, as people have said, LibreOffice is where all the real development is taking place.

Oracle transferred OpenOffice to the Apache Software Foundation where it is still supported but, as people have said, LibreOffice is where all the real development is taking place.

Ah right, I missed that transfer. Used Libre since it first spun off.

Tried Kingsoft Office but did not get on with it as some of its options are paid for.

The only difference between the free and pro version of Kingsoft Office is that you can't create and edit Macros, VBA in the free version. Hardly an option needed by home users.

The UK government recently announced it was going to use the Open Document Format ( ODF ), one reason cited was

it would allow UK citizens to view documents without having to purchase any proprietary software ( nice of them

to think about the peasants ). The problem being Microsoft Office 2010/2013 is the industry standard word processing

package along with MS proprietary fonts.

Saving MS documents in ODF usually generates and error, similarly opening an ODF document (created in MS Office) in

say LibreOffice usually generates an error. You can of course port the MS fonts from a machine where MS office is

installed to a machine where LibreOffice is installed, or embed the font within the document.

However, there is on area where LibreOffice scores highly in my books and that is in the creation of PDF forms.

I find this feature in LibreOffice just brilliant, I wonder if MS will incorporate it in their next Office release

probably around 2016.

However, there is on area where LibreOffice scores highly in my books and that is in the creation of PDF forms.

I find this feature in LibreOffice just brilliant, I wonder if MS will incorporate it in their next Office release

probably around 2016.

I'm pretty sure OneNote has been able to do this for years.

Archived