Tax Refund Help

I contacted HMRC last week because I thought I was paying too much tax. I went through some details with an agent on the phone. He asked me various questions about my previous employers, benefits claims etc. He then told me I was due a tax refund.

However he would not tell me on the phone the amount of the refund. Does anyone have any ideas why? I rang the following day and spoke to some one else who said my tax calculation has been completed, I am owed a refund and should receive the calculation in the post within 3 weeks.

Does anyone know why they can't tell you on the phine the amount of refund you are due? Makes no sense at all. Also how long will it take for this calculation to arrive?

I contacted HMRC last week because I thought I was paying too much tax. I went through some details with an agent on the phone. He asked me various questions about my previous employers, benefits claims etc. He then told me I was due a tax refund.

However he would not tell me on the phone the amount of the refund. Does anyone have any ideas why? I rang the following day and spoke to some one else who said my tax calculation has been completed, I am owed a refund and should receive the calculation in the post within 3 weeks.

Does anyone know why they can't tell you on the phine the amount of refund you are due? Makes no sense at all. Also how long will it take for this calculation to arrive?

Well done on actually getting through on the phone - no mean feat with HMRC! The reason he wouldn't tell you is because he'd not have worked it out yet according to someone I know who works there. The info you gave at a high level is enough for them to tell you that a refund is due tho from what they've said.

Archived