Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

I was not disputing the fact people have lost their jobs. I understand they must be devastated. However the employees and collaegues will do their best to support them and they will be entitled to certain financial supports. I'm sure they are also upset not over their financial loss but the repercussions the fire has caused e.g cancelled parties/ functions, loss of work friendships etc

My daughter is looking forward too and talking constantly about her bd and that's not till October. Yes I'm sure they will get over it. However how does someone explain that to a child, how does someone just magic another party in 4 hours especially if they dont have enough £ to hand.

We should be thankful that the fire started at night rather than when the establishment had customers !

Hi. Im one of the duty manager's at the sheffield ski village. Anybody concerned over parties & lessons which are paid for, please contact vicky.lloyd@sheffieldskivillage.co.uk, vicky is the general manager and will do all her upmost to sort out all requests anybody as.

Thank you all for the concerns shown, and its great to see what a great community sheffield does have.

Thanks for posting with the information. I think we all really really hope that the SSV will rise again. Although judging by the pix, it's going to be a lot of hard work for you all to make it so.

Exactly who on Sheffield Forum do you think will know if you can get a refund?

Given that it's quite a universal thing throughout all business, I would imagine anyone would know the answer.

If it was arson then yes, if it was an insurance job and they get caught then very unlikely. Simples.

Given that it's quite a universal thing throughout all business, I would imagine anyone would know the answer.

If it was arson then yes, if it was an insurance job and they get caught then very unlikely. Simples.

The majority of fires are caused by electrical faults. There's no reason to suspect foul play here unless you like holding yourself up for libel.

To Everybody ,

Ive been the Duty/bar Manager at the ski village for allmost 5 years ,up untill last night !, Im upset to say the least.! Went to bed last night with a Job I loved, and got a phone call at 3 am informing me the Village was burnt to the ground ! Hence unemployed ,,!!!!!!!

Theres bound to be an investigation and I,d like to know as much as anyone what caused the fire ?

My apologies to any customers affected, Im sure the owner will in due time re-emberse etc , To Anyone who has a function booked etc I can only apologise this must be sickening !

I met some good people at the village , good friends ,, and its a terrible shock for me and all of us to be suddenly out of work , I Loved the job really!! I understand the customer asking about a refund. please dont knock her too much ,

To everybody Ive worked with, hope you get sorted soon, All the best.Paul xx PS,, looking for work , havent had to say that for a long, long time !!