Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

I was not disputing the fact people have lost their jobs. I understand they must be devastated. However the employees and collaegues will do their best to support them and they will be entitled to certain financial supports. I'm sure they are also upset not over their financial loss but the repercussions the fire has caused e.g cancelled parties/ functions, loss of work friendships etc

My daughter is looking forward too and talking constantly about her bd and that's not till October. Yes I'm sure they will get over it. However how does someone explain that to a child, how does someone just magic another party in 4 hours especially if they dont have enough £ to hand.

We should be thankful that the fire started at night rather than when the establishment had customers !

It's a under 10 football team, you make it sound as though the children have lost a parent.

I'm pretty sure when the parents say, the building has burnt down they will understand, just as they'll understand when the same parents are yelling on the sidelines to the same kids in a game of footy. :roll:

The fact you got a taxi at 2.45 am whilst '****** as a fart' is worthy of praise.

He he love it :hihi:.

Jokes aside though, Im as gutted as rest of SF about ski village, I took kids regularly, good day out and not overly priced. I do hope they rebuild something similar.

To Everybody ,

Ive been the Duty/bar Manager at the ski village for allmost 5 years ,up untill last night !, Im upset to say the least.! Went to bed last night with a Job I loved, and got a phone call at 3 am informing me the Village was burnt to the ground ! Hence unemployed ,,!!!!!!!

Theres bound to be an investigation and I,d like to know as much as anyone what caused the fire ?

My apologies to any customers affected, Im sure the owner will in due time re-emberse etc , To Anyone who has a function booked etc I can only apologise this must be sickening !

I met some good people at the village , good friends ,, and its a terrible shock for me and all of us to be suddenly out of work , I Loved the job really!! I understand the customer asking about a refund. please dont knock her too much ,

To everybody Ive worked with, hope you get sorted soon, All the best.Paul xx PS,, looking for work , havent had to say that for a long, long time !!

Don't worry about us lot on here arguing the toss about this and that, we don't have enough to occupy our minds. :)

It must have taken a lot to come on here and post about this, which obviously has been a tremendous shock to you all at the SSV. Hopefully, it might not be as bad as it seems right now and the place can re-open soon and you'll all be ok. We can but hope. Best of luck with everything.

To Everybody ,

Ive been the Duty/bar Manager at the ski village for allmost 5 years ,up untill last night !, Im upset to say the least.! Went to bed last night with a Job I loved, and got a phone call at 3 am informing me the Village was burnt to the ground ! Hence unemployed ,,!!!!!!!

Theres bound to be an investigation and I,d like to know as much as anyone what caused the fire ?

My apologies to any customers affected, Im sure the owner will in due time re-emberse etc , To Anyone who has a function booked etc I can only apologise this must be sickening !

I met some good people at the village , good friends ,, and its a terrible shock for me and all of us to be suddenly out of work , I Loved the job really!! I understand the customer asking about a refund. please dont knock her too much ,

To everybody Ive worked with, hope you get sorted soon, All the best.Paul xx PS,, looking for work , havent had to say that for a long, long time !!

I am sorry about your job situation.

Some years ago, one of my businesses was totally gutted by fire, it may be of some hope to you that I managed to pay key members of staff for nine months while the place was rebuilt. This was covered in the insurance I had, but this and other things were hard to find out, especially considering the stress and pressure of losing a business. Luckily I read all the small print and my broker helped me negociate with the loss adjuster (who would have left me with nothing given a chance)

I am sure the owner will have adequate cover, and key members of staff can be retained on merit, and may also be useful to help sort out the re-building etc.

Hope that helps.

Having been in the same position, my thoughts are with the staff and owner.