Sheffield Ski Village On Fire Again Thread

Has anyone had a refund from them yet? I've sent off my bank statement as proof of payment but not heard anything. I know they must have a lot to sort out but I think they could have a phone line for queries on the go by now :huh:

Has anyone had a refund from them yet? I've sent off my bank statement as proof of payment but not heard anything. I know they must have a lot to sort out but I think they could have a phone line for queries on the go by now :huh:

I would imagine anyone who paid by credit card would or will be recompensated through their bank, as for cash payments then if the company goes bust (if they are not covered by insurance) then you'll find you are probably at the end of a que.

The Ski Village borders Burngreave, Pitsmoor & Shirecliffe. Without any decent security measures around it - it was always going to be an easy target for vandalism, theft & arson.

Is the location of the ski slope a problem, or is the problem the people who live there?

Cheers Bruno, I'd thought that. Just wondered if anyone had heard from them, pretty rubbish business that doesn't at least make some attempt to contact paid up customers :mad:

Do we reckon it will end up a tip like Parkwood Springs?

Hope not. Sheffield might not have many things, but it has an abundance of hills and a perfect location for some of the best dry ski slopes in the country.

And when you've got regional competition from Chill Factore in Manchester, Ski Rossendale and Xscape at Castleford, its just another example of Sheffielders having to make an exodus to spend their money out of the area.

• 4 weeks later...