Fantasy Island (Skegness) on the brink

Too many southerners down there for my liking, everyone to there own but you wouldn't see me slagging a place like you did, kid's seeing that would be mortified...

Children should be taken to places of beauty, to appreciate the UK's wonderful coast lines that are clean, see wildlife and play in rock pools not some worn out market town with rickety rusty rides and cheap smelly markets / tattoo parlours and drunk parents falling out of the pub doors! I also think Skegness is way overpriced...

Its not me that should be open minded and venture! How about those parents that go to Skegness year in year out have a change and take their children to see the wildlife on the isle of skye? go camping in the highlands? go and see the northern lights in the Outer Hebrides? go surfing in Cornwall? There's some absolutely fantastic places to visit in the UK and I'm very sorry if you don't agree with me but places like Skegness are an abomination compared with them..

And as for southerners!!! I go to Cornwall and Devon quite a lot and I have yet to meet a rude local.. The way of life down there is so laid back, it's lovely. :thumbsup:

Same here, we may have crossed paths, we had a brilliant time and the weather was amazingly hot :)

It is possible lol. The thunderstorm and heavy rain, just before 5am on Sunday morning was no fun though!

There is nothing wrong with Skegness, OK it might be a bit rough round the edges but it still has a massive amount going for itself, ask the millions of children who have been there through the years and come back with big smiles on there faces, it's not always about what the "adult" likes, get out of your comfort zone, you might actually surprise yourself ;)

So you basically admit that its crap unless you are a kid?

Go somewhere nicer and both kids and adults can enjoy it.

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 18:11 ----------

you can't blame the place for the state of the beach,blame the scrotes that dump litter there,but i don't suppose you get them types in cornwall :roll:

I have noticed that - Cornwall, Devon, Dorset are much nicer - far fewer tracksuited scrubbers drinking cans of Monster for breakfast.

Children should be taken to places of beauty, to appreciate the UK's wonderful coast lines that are clean, see wildlife and play in rock pools not some worn out market town with rickety rusty rides and cheap smelly markets / tattoo parlours and drunk parents falling out of the pub doors! I also think Skegness is way overpriced...

Its not me that should be open minded and venture! How about those parents that go to Skegness year in year out have a change and take their children to see the wildlife on the isle of skye? go camping in the highlands? go and see the northern lights in the Outer Hebrides? go surfing in Cornwall? There's some absolutely fantastic places to visit in the UK and I'm very sorry if you don't agree with me but places like Skegness are an abomination compared with them..

And as for southerners!!! I go to Cornwall and Devon quite a lot and I have yet to meet a rude local.. The way of life down there is so laid back, it's lovely. :thumbsup:

Totally agree,off down in a couple of weeks [again]cant wait:)

Archived