Fantasy Island (Skegness) on the brink

So you basically admit that its crap unless you are a kid?

Go somewhere nicer and both kids and adults can enjoy it.

---------- Post added 05-08-2014 at 18:11 ----------

I have noticed that - Cornwall, Devon, Dorset are much nicer - far fewer tracksuited scrubbers drinking cans of Monster for breakfast.

Have you been to Newquay lately?:(

My parents used to threaten me with a trip to Skegness if I misbehaved...

At my old age of 50, a friend said I should go on the Jubilee Odyssey roller coaster, its ranked 7th tallest roller coaster in the world. Yes, what fun, not.

There is nothing wrong with Skegness, OK it might be a bit rough round the edges but it still has a massive amount going for itself, ask the millions of children who have been there through the years and come back with big smiles on there faces, it's not always about what the "adult" likes, get out of your comfort zone, you might actually surprise yourself ;)

There then Matt, I spent a week in Skeggy one day, I had a day there about 7 years ago that was enough. I remember when 16 me & 4 mates went to finger smells for a week in a caravan, top week drunk all time loved it.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

There is nothing wrong with Skegness, OK it might be a bit rough round the edges but it still has a massive amount going for itself, ask the millions of children who have been there through the years and come back with big smiles on there faces, it's not always about what the "adult" likes, get out of your comfort zone, you might actually surprise yourself ;)

I've never understood why people go back to somewhere year after unless they actually own somewhere there. Try somewhere near by mablethorpe, down to Great Yarmouth or up to brid just for a change. Try somewhere like Whitby or the Norfolk broads. There is more to a summer holiday than Skegness.

Considering they get 40,000 a visitors a day to Fantasy Island I'd say to you nope ;)

\if you can read the whole sentence it is upto 40,000. means on average it is a lot less, if they had 40,000 at £10 a waist band, thats £400,000 aday why would it need to close down. Next time try and read the whole sentence before talking rubblish please

Skegness is ok, not bad not particularly good, the beach is ok and kids love it.

Ingoldmells (where Fantasy Island is) is a chav and mobility scooter infested dump with a huge market selling tat, poor pubs, terrible food, litter strewn beaches etc etc, it used to be a nice little place years ago so if Fantasy Island does close it may return to what it was previously.

Archived