Lake Garda - Italy

Anyone been here recently?

Going for a week next week. Looking at a couple of day trips, probably to Milan then another day to head to Venice I think.

Anyone recommend any trips, money saving tips etc?

Not hiring a car as the Cities are a nightmare and by the time you've done park and ride it's probably easier to do the trains? - and cheaper maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Visit Como and have a wander round, it's absolutely stunning. Also, visit Lecco, another lovely town on Lake Como. You can take a cheap bus on a short ride into the mountains where you can do a bit of walking or go on the cable car there.

I went a few years ago, it's great. We took a trip up into the Dolomites, a trip to Venice, and a trip to Verona as well as the Lakeside towns themselves.

Venice will be heaving, personally I'd avoid it like the plague at this time of the year.

Went to Limone two years ago, took a trip by both coach and boat around the Lake which took in Verona, would recommend it.

You can get boats from wherever you stay to other resorts and plan your own trips.

The boat timetables tend to be a little confusing but the ticket office people are very helpful.

Personally I wouldn't bother with Venice although it's a brilliant city I think you need more time there than the usual organized trip allows for.

Have a great time, my wife and I love Italy and have been on several occasions.

Venice will be heaving, personally I'd avoid it like the plague at this time of the year.

As taxman says, Venice will be heaving. If you do go, forget about the big attractions - by the time you get there there'll be 100m+ long queues to get into places like the Doge's Palace. If you stick to the smaller ones, particularly those away from St Mark's Square, it won't be too bad.

Alko 27. Have been a regular at Lake Garda since the 80s and cannot speak highly enough of the place.

Venice, Verona, Malcesine, Riva, Limone, Sermione and lots of places worth seeing.

Don't know when you're going, or how many of you, so cannot give places to stay etc.

Email me privately and I can recommend lots to do and where to stay.

:cool::cool::cool:

Archived