Why our boycott campaign against Israel makes sense #BDS

Why's this all about me all of a sudden?

It's open to all. Nobody (sensible) is disputing what is going on in gaza is disproportionate and heavy handed. However the speed and verve that people have jumped on this rather than the other conflicts and human rights abuses, often much worse than gaza. I wondered what the criteria is - and also wondered if it's a tad hypocritical or just an easy target as those nasty zionists are always up to no good.

The idea that daren't speak it's name is that boycott will work because Jews like money. There, I said it.

It's open to all. Nobody (sensible) is disputing what is going on in gaza is disproportionate and heavy handed. However the speed and verve that people have jumped on this rather than the other conflicts and human rights abuses, often much worse than gaza. I wondered what the criteria is - and also wondered if it's a tad hypocritical or just an easy target as those nasty zionists are always up to no good.

The idea that daren't speak it's name is that boycott will work because Jews like money. There, I said it.

Who doesn't?

Tibet - peaceful people oppressed by the Chinese.

Gaza - people firing rockets at Israel are being suppressed by Israel.

Whilst the situation in Gaza is deplorable, Israels response is understandable. You could look at the village of Sderot who do nothing to Gaza - but get a weekly dose of rockets that kill and demolish their village... A boycott of Israeli products in my mind is not justified when you consider the reasons behind the action.

Now the Chinese are a different matter...

Never saw people getting this angry about our own Northern Ireland conflict not so long ago. Didnt see people boycotting British products for oppressing the Irish.

Didnt see people boycotting America for bombing Iraq or the many African products from the many countries that are currently at war.

Israel is just the latest 'trendy' bandwagon for people to get on their moral high horse about cause they love to be seen as standing up against the aggressors.

Easy to do when all it involves is standing outside Tesco's with a banner.

Then drive home in their American car with an Israeli sat nav with Russian petrol to their home filled with Chinese products to play on their Chinese ipad filled with Israeli apps.

If you really wanted to boycott, you would have to live in a hole somewhere with no electricity, no heat & no food.

Then id respect you.

Edited by Clown Shoes

Never saw people getting this angry about our own Northern Ireland conflict not so long ago. Didnt see people boycotting British products for oppressing the Irish.

Didnt see people boycotting America for bombing Iraq or the many African products from the many countries that are currently at war.

Israel is just the latest 'trendy' bandwagon for people to get on their moral high horse about cause they love to be seen as standing up against the oppressors.

Easy to do when all it involves is standing outside Tesco's with a banner.

Then drive home in their American car with an Israeli sat nav with Russian petrol to their home filled with Chinese products to play on their Chinese ipad filled with Israeli apps.

If you really wanted to boycott, you would have to live in a hole somewhere with no electricity, no heat & no food.

Then id respect you.

Unless the hole is on land that was taken from someone else at some point in the past.

Wise up. I know it isn't easy for you. The Pakistani government doesn't a policy to promote honour killings.

Of course it does, it's entirely complicit.

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 12:00 ----------

We boycott in the same way we donate to charities. I can't donate to all charities but I can donate to those that have a specific impact and how I perceive it in it's present importance. Boycotting is similar. If I've been made aware I wouldn't touch a product from Saudi.

Not like charity giving at all.

Anybody boycotting has turned consumerism itself into a tool of judgement. If boycotting goods is to condemn the country of origin, to consume (being the logical opposite) is to condone.

Edited by SevenRivers