Why our boycott campaign against Israel makes sense #BDS

I can see how you might think that if you choose to ignore the fact that Israel is engaged in a long term strategy of driving the Palestinans off their land through illegal settlements enforced by the IDF and the cruel and inhuman seige of Gaza, which has been going on for years now.

I try to ignore unfounded conspiracy theories.

It also doesn't change the fact that terrorists groups launched an attack on Israel and they defended themselves whilst limiting the number of civilian casualties and continuing to supply aid to the people of Gaza.

Edited by firemanbob

I try to ignore unfounded conspiracy theories.

So you think the ever expanding illegal settlements in the West Bank - which are built on land forcibly taken from Palestinians and protected by the IDF - are a figment of my imagination?

So you think the ever expanding illegal settlements in the West Bank - which are built on land forcibly taken from Palestinians and protected by the IDF - are a figment of my imagination?

I think your claim that Israel is engaged in a long term strategy of driving the Palestinians off their land is an unfounded theory.

You do understand that Palestinians live and work in Israel and the land that you claim Israel has taken Illegally is disputed territory.

But non of that is justification for the terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians, and Israel like any other nation is entitled to defend against such terrorist attacks.

And Gaza is the launch site for terrorist attacks on Israel making the blockade necessary.

Edited by firemanbob

I think your claim that Israel is engaged in a long term strategy of driving the Palestinians off their land is an unfounded theory.

You do understand that Palestinians live and work in Israel and the land that you claim Israel has taken Illegally is disputed territory.

But non of that is justification for the terrorist attacks on Israeli civilians, and Israel like any other nation is entitled to defend against such terrorist attacks.

Slaughtering large numbers of civilians isn't the same as 'defending against terrorist attacks.' It is terrorist attacks. And you still havn't adequately answered the question about how you can assert illegal settlements are not driving Palestinans off their land.

Can you explain in what way forcibly driving Palestinans off their land and building Jewish settlements in the areas they have been forced by the Israeli militants to vacate' is somehow different from driving Palestinians off their land? (Something which you assure me isn't happening outside of imaginary conspiracy theories)

Edited by donkey

Slaughtering large numbers of civilians isn't the same as 'defending against terrorist attacks.' It is terrorist attacks. And you still havn't adequately answered the question about how you can assert illegal settlements are not driving Palestinans off their land.

Can you explain in what way forcibly driving Palestinans off their land and building Jewish settlements in the areas they have been forced to vacate by the Israeli militants is somehow different from driving Palestinians off their land? (Something which you assure me isn't happening outside of imaginary conspiracy theories)

They haven't slaughtered large numbers of civilians, they didn't occupy Gaza, they used force to stop terrorists firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and some civilians were inevitably killed, some by the IDF, some by Hamas and some were very likley to be terrorists. Will you also be condemning action taken against ISIS.

They haven't slaughtered large numbers of civilians, they didn't occupy Gaza, they used force to stop terrorists firing rockets into Israel from Gaza and some civilians were inevitably killed, some by the IDF, some by Hamas and some were very likley to be terrorists. Will you also be condemning action taken against ISIS.

And you STILL haven't answered that question. What's the matter? Would answering it show up the contradictions in your own rhetoric? There must be some reason, because you are clearly ducking it. Perhaps you didn't see it, I've only asked it three times.

And you STILL haven't answered that question. What's the matter? Would answering it show up the contradictions in your own rhetoric? There must be some reason, because you are clearly ducking it. Perhaps you didn't see it, I've only asked it three times.

You are attempting to justify the actions of Hamas and Isis by claiming they are attacking Israel because they built settlement on land they occupied after defeating the Arab nations that attacked them. So do you support or condemn Hamas and Isis for attacking israel by launching rockets from populated areas?

Edited by firemanbob

You are attempting to justify the actions of Hamas and Isis by claiming they are attacking Israel because they built settlement on land they occupied after defeating the Arab nations that attacked them. So do you support of condemn Hamas and Isis for attacking israel by launching rockets from populated areas?

I support ISIS do I? Why not accuse me of being a personal friend of Fred West while you are at it? Attack the person when you can't give a reasoned reply to what they are saying.

Occupying the territory of a miltary opponent is different from driving the civilians who live their out so you can take their land. The allies occupied Germany after the war, but they stopped short of sending the Germans to live in refugee camps so British and Americans could move onto their lands.

Surely even someone so militantly fanatic that they accuse anyone who disagrees with their opinions as being terrorist supporters can see that.

I support ISIS do I?

I don't know, that's why I asked, Hamas and Isis have been firing rockets from Gaza into Israel and you appear to oppose Israels efforts to stop them. You appear to be justifying the actions of Hamas and Isis by claiming they are firing rockets at Israel because Israel build some settlements. So do you support of oppose the attacks on Israel by Hamas and Isis?