Why our boycott campaign against Israel makes sense #BDS

Long term peace is their goal, sadly it won't come with the destruction of Israel, the idea is that the world will only achieve peace when everyone submits to Islam, but we can see just by looking round the globe that that won't even bring peace.

It would seem they just need a cause they can either be or create martys for.

And were hamas no longer around I have little doubt some other set of loonies would start on israel before long.

No peace in the middle east as long as people live there is the impression I get.

Logically the best the west could probably do is leave them alone and keep an eye on them. I don't suppose that will happen any time soon either.

An interesting situation is arising. IS have now advanced up to the border with Israel. It probably won't be long before IS commence attacks over the border and will no doubt get massive retaliation when they do. I wonder if folk will clamour for boycotts of Israel when they do.

They have already attacked israel.

ISIS group loudly claims responsibility for murdered Israeli teens.

Video Shows ISIS Is Firing Rockets on Israel From Gaza

ISIS Now Openly Operating in Gaza – Flags Seen Waving at Funeral

Hamas prevented local journalists from covering the ISIS rally in the Gaza Strip last month as part of its effort to deny the existence of ISIS in the Gaza Strip.

Back to the Topic,

Boycott Israel and rid yourself of guilt by association !

Same argument could be made for boycotting Islam, after all The 9/11 & 7/7 terrorists were Muslim. More recently IS followers beheading westerners are Muslim.

By your logic being part of the Islamic faith means you're just as guilty as those perpetrators. :thumbsup:

Israeli intelligence veterans refuse to serve in Palestinian territories

Innocent people under military rule exposed to surveillance by Israel, say 43 ex-members of Unit 8200, including reservists

Forty-three veterans of one of Israel’s most secretive military intelligence units – many of them still active reservists – have signed a public letter refusing to serve in operations involving the occupied Palestinian territories because of the widespread surveillance of innocent residents.

The signatories include officers, former instructors and senior NCOs from the country’s equivalent of America’s NSA or Britain’s GCHQ, known as Unit 8200 – or in Hebrew as Yehida Shmoneh-Matayim.

They allege that the “all-encompassing” intelligence the unit gathers on Palestinians – much of it concerning innocent people – is used for “political persecution” and to create divisions in Palestinian society.

The largest intelligence unit in the Israeli military, Unit 8200 intercepts electronic communications including email, phone calls and social media in addition to targeting military and diplomatic traffic.

The signatories say, however, that a large part of their work was unrelated to Israel’s security or defence, but appeared designed to perpetuate the occupation by “infiltrating” and “controlling” all aspects of Palestinian life.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/12/israeli-intelligence-reservists-refuse-serve-palestinian-territories

Back to the Topic,

Boycott Israel and rid yourself of guilt by association !

I apologise if you think that my post is going off topic but I would really appreciate your imput on the following.

I have followed this thread with great interest and the passion the argument has fired on both sides of the divide is admirable.

My query is that if you believe all the Jews in Israel deserve punishing and all their products need boycotting, then what do you feel of the idea on Facebook that is gathering momentum that because of the ongoing enquiry in Rotherham re. the 1400 sexually abused children by Asians that everyone should boycott Asian owned stores, market stalls and garages etc?

I apologise if you think that my post is going off topic but I would really appreciate your imput on the following.

I have followed this thread with great interest and the passion the argument has fired on both sides of the divide is admirable.

My query is that if you believe all the Jews in Israel deserve punishing and all their products need boycotting, then what do you feel of the idea on Facebook that is gathering momentum that because of the ongoing enquiry in Rotherham re. the 1400 sexually abused children by Asians that everyone should boycott Asian owned stores, market stalls and garages etc?

It is certainly a plan. It shouldn't be that difficult to do either as they conveniently put up signs in some foreign text.

Certainly local child abusers have given me more reason for a boycott than folk fighting terrorists who are bombarding their civilian population with high expolosive rockets.

Do you have a link to the web page. I'd like to give it a like?

Is this the one?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Muslim-businesses/1458385737773807?fref=nf

Edited by drummond

It is certainly a plan. It shouldn't be that difficult to do either as they conveniently put up signs in some foreign text.

Certainly local child abusers have given me more reason for a boycott than folk fighting terrorists who are bombarding their civilian population with high expolosive rockets.

Hi Drummond, unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account and I am only repeating information that I heard whilst discussing the affair in general with a neighbour.

What I can tell you is that on radio 2 news just now it said that Greater Manchester Police were making enquiries of the same nature in their area.

That makes SYP - GMP. Nottingham and Birmingham that have ongoing enquiries in the matter and I have a feeling that this wont be the end of the list.

What on earth are we coming to?

Hi Drummond, unfortunately I don't have a Facebook account and I am only repeating information that I heard whilst discussing the affair in general with a neighbour.

What I can tell you is that on radio 2 news just now it said that Greater Manchester Police were making enquiries of the same nature in their area.

That makes SYP - GMP. Nottingham and Birmingham that have ongoing enquiries in the matter and I have a feeling that this wont be the end of the list.

What on earth are we coming to?

You forgot Bradford.

Is this the one?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boycott-Muslim-businesses/1458385737773807?fref=nf

Possibly, or it may be one of a few.

---------- Post added 12-09-2014 at 17:12 ----------

You forgot Bradford.

You are quite correct ... apologies.