Bargain booze charges student 1p for checking her ID.

Errr, never.

But I do read things properly and get really wound up about so called "news" outlets making a drama out of nothing to sell their papers... which then of course have the obligatory "outrage" comments from every Tom Dick and Harry who never bothers to read the actual article and then get spun around the internet for more "outrage" comments from people who know even less about the "story"

Its an admin error. The company spotted it. Resolved it. What more is there to be reported or said?

All this hype makes you wonder whether this horse crap story about Bargain Booze making a mistake in one of their Bargain Booze stores on a Bargain Booze customer's purchase which is then splashed all over the mail and sister papers with the big Bargain Booze headline and obligatory sad face photograph from the customer outside Bargain Booze store which is then spun across the internet with everyone commenting about "disgraceful" Bargain Booze is somehow deliberate.

After all what possibly could Bargain Booze gain from having Bargain Booze splashed across the papers and internet??

You can get laughing gas on eBay, might help you with your angst ;)

The old till in my shop did not let you set up "zero priced items". We use to charge the customer but give them back am extra 1p in change. It was just to prove on the till system you had checked the age of the customer. Our new till prompts so you don't meet to imput anything.

Presumably they did the simple check that mobile phone companies often do and that's take a penny off the person's debit or credit card which proves that they are of a certain age (16 or 18?). I'd be very surprised if they took 1p in cash as it proves nothing and is pointless

Presumably they did the simple check that mobile phone companies often do and that's take a penny off the person's debit or credit card which proves that they are of a certain age (16 or 18?). I'd be very surprised if they took 1p in cash as it proves nothing and is pointless

That would require two separate transactions, it would actually cost the company more to do that so I doubt that happened.

Errr, never.

But I do read things properly and get really wound up about so called "news" outlets making a drama out of nothing to sell their papers... which then of course have the obligatory "outrage" comments from every Tom Dick and Harry who never bothers to read the actual article and then get spun around the internet for more "outrage" comments from people who know even less about the "story"

Its an admin error. The company spotted it. Resolved it. What more is there to be reported or said?

All this hype makes you wonder whether this horse crap story about Bargain Booze making a mistake in one of their Bargain Booze stores on a Bargain Booze customer's purchase which is then splashed all over the mail and sister papers with the big Bargain Booze headline and obligatory sad face photograph from the customer outside Bargain Booze store which is then spun across the internet with everyone commenting about "disgraceful" Bargain Booze is somehow deliberate.

After all what possibly could Bargain Booze gain from having Bargain Booze splashed across the papers and internet??

Have you considered having your blood pressure checked? It doesn`t cost anything-not even a penny.

This has to be illegal. I would seek legal advice as they are discriminating.

Discriminating how? The law says that they have to discriminate between those that are of legal age to buy alcohol and those that are not.

However they shouldn't be charging anyone for this.

Archived