Reasons why sheffield is a poor relation to leeds

Rotherham??!!?? My wifes from Kimberworth abd that really is the arse end of Yorkshire. You seem fairly educated, why not get the hell out ;-) By the way Leeds is by far the best city in the north, I live in Headingley now, home of cricket, proper rugby and lovely people, where as Sheffield and Rotherham are dole-ites sucking my hard earned taxes

:D

Leeds is full of pikey burglars. Can't get jobs so they rob your house!

---------- Post added 09-08-2014 at 14:15 ----------

I wouldn`t know what city could be described as the best in the North. I`ve not resided in that many places.

The best thing about being in the north is all the space we've got between the cities. The further away from the concrete jungles, the better!

The mentality of the "People's Republic of South Yorkshire" still runs rampants in the corridors of power within Sheffield, and so much public spending goes on fashionable lefty causes instead of on making Sheffield a better place for people to live and thrive in.

Oh well, you'll be glad that you live in Chesterfield then.

With regards to the OP, your opinions are just that. Opinions.

I lived in Leeds for 5 years, and my abiding memory of Leeds are the rows of houses with iron grilles over the doors and windows. Hardly an indication of a better quality of life.

Yes Leeds does offer a better shopping experience than Sheffield, (though that is subjective). But BIG WOW!:roll: There's more to life than traipsing round shops looking at things you can't afford or don't need.

Apart from the fact they're both cities in Yorkshire, they are totally different. As mart said, it's a question of what suits you and meets your needs. Pointless moaning about Sheffield not being like Leeds - move to Leeds instead.

It does make a difference and influences decision making like the route for HS3 which is planned to Link Leeds and Manchester. They are already linked by the M62.

Rotherham??!!?? My wifes from Kimberworth abd that really is the arse end of Yorkshire. You seem fairly educated, why not get the hell out ;-) By the way Leeds is by far the best city in the north, I live in Headingley now, home of cricket, proper rugby and lovely people, where as Sheffield and Rotherham are dole-ites sucking my hard earned taxes

:D

Headingley is nothing special, just an ordinary suburb over populated by students. Bit like Hunters Bar and Crookes really.

Incidentally isn't Headingly just up the road from the notorious area, which is the most burgled in England? Enjoy living in an area which is populated by thieving scum ramsacking your house and luxury lifestyle?

Headingley is nothing special, just an ordinary suburb over populated by students. Bit like Hunters Bar and Crookes really.

Incidentally isn't Headingly just up the road from the notorious area, which is the most burgled in England? Enjoy living in an area which is populated by thieving scum ramsacking your house and luxury lifestyle?

And it hosts 2 of the most boring sports ever invented!

Ha ha ha!!! You dee-das are hilarious, to say Leeds is just about shopping is like saying London is just about the financial district, soooo funny and typically small minded, where we lived in S36 was very nice but not even comparable to Leeds, life is fpr living and it's just a fact that aleeds provides so much more, visit the royal armouries, the great theatres, yes the crucible and lyceum are nice too, sheffield is losing most of it's good points thanks to the p***poor council, I know Ms Dore from SYHA, face it Sheffield is a joke to us, sorry ;-p

Ha ha ha!!! You dee-das are hilarious, to say Leeds is just about shopping is like saying London is just about the financial district, soooo funny and typically small minded, where we lived in S36 was very nice but not even comparable to Leeds, life is fpr living and it's just a fact that aleeds provides so much more, visit the royal armouries, the great theatres, yes the crucible and lyceum are nice too, sheffield is losing most of it's good points thanks to the p***poor council, I know Ms Dore from SYHA, face it Sheffield is a joke to us, sorry ;-p

If life is for living why are you on here trolling?

If life is for living why are you on here trolling?

Good point! If he was so overjoyed, you'd think he'd be wandering the streets of Headingley, congratulating himself on his good fortune, or at least sharing his joy with the people over at Leeds Forum.

My guess is that apart from the fact that Leeds Forum is a poor relation to Sheffield Forum; people on the Leeds Forum would quickly catch him out as an imposter, and not resident of Headingley; but of somewhere far less salubrious.

Archived