Why aren't you creative?

I also think a lot of people are too busy working to put food on the table, to have the time for creative pursuits these days, which is a great shame.

What a load of rubbish. People have more leisure time and more disposable income than an any time in history. A couple of generations ago you were expected to work 50-60 hours a week, now most people work 35 hour weeks.

Sadly most people waste their leisure time on pointless activities like watching TV, video games and playing with their phones. But if you do want to be creative, there are more opportunities now than there ever were.

What a load of rubbish. People have more leisure time and more disposable income than an any time in history. A couple of generations ago you were expected to work 50-60 hours a week, now most people work 35 hour weeks.

That's peoples contracted hours, 35/40hrs, but most people work a lot longer than that, oftern without pay.

Sadly most people waste their leisure time on pointless activities like watching TV, video games and playing with their phones. But if you do want to be creative, there are more opportunities now than there ever were.

That depends on what you're idea of fun is. Nothing wrong with watching TV. There's actually some decent stuff on at the moment. Game Of Thrones, Walking Dead etc. Same goes for video games.

There is more opportunities to be creative these days, with night classes and online videos etc, but when people have a family and work full time, it is hard to find the time.

I do what I can, when I can. Life gets n the way.

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 11:02 ----------

I work a 40 hour week and half the time I find I'm too tired to do much constructive with my leisure time.

I do what I can, when I can. Life gets n the way.

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 11:02 ----------

I work a 40 hour week and half the time I find I'm too tired to do much constructive with my leisure time.

Which creative persuits do you engage in?

Which creative persuits do you engage in?

I draw and paint, but not nearly as much as I would like because as I say, life gets in the way.

Anyone thinking of trying to be more creative?

https://thebraindumpsite.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/how-to-write-spoken-word-poetry-or-anything-else-really/

I'm a spoken word poet and have written and performed regularly for the last couple of years. I am also in the national poetry slam final at the Albert Hall in September (hasn't quite sunk in :hihi:). I've written this article about how to write spoken word poetry although the principles apply to other forms of writing so many interest anyone thinking about writing creatively.

I mention it in the blog as i'm particularly interested in why people aren't creative. So I ask: Are you creative? If not, do you remember a time, perhaps as a child, when you were? What do you think might have happened to change things?

Also any thoughts on the article itself would be cool, but i'm mainly interested in how people lose their creativity. What do you think about it? So many children can express themsleves without too much trouble - what do you think changes as they get older?

Im more creative now than when i was a child. Having a difficult upbringing made it hard to do things i enjoyed but im adult now so i can paint, bake, cook, write the odd story and have even dabbled in making my own music.

I have quite a lot of time on my hands right now so i can pursue these interests a bit more than when i was young.

Archived