Issue with new neighbour.

If you want the situation sorted out to everyone's satisfaction, then why not.
That's tantamount to me sending my kids to play football in your back garden. If you want your (rightful) peace you can of course buy them Alton Towers day passes to remedy the situation.

The OP shouldn't have to pay extra to an awkward sod for what he already has a right to. Plus, what next? Neighbour wants something else, so he plays bear and leans on the OP, hoping he'll cave in ..

If you want the situation sorted out to everyone's satisfaction, then why not.

But it's not to everyone's satisfaction is it as we'll be out of pocket. Since we already have one permit for our own vehicle a second one apparently is twice the price.

He only ever parks his car in the designated bays on a Sunday, when enforcement of the parking isn't valid (It's Mon-Sat 7am-8pm) so it's clear that he's doing it to avoid paying like everyone else.

Someone did mention earlier about who owned the land etc and I was on my phone at the time so I missed out some of what I wanted to post.

As stated the houses are all owned by one LL. However it wouldn't matter if he owned his home as he's in a middle terrace property, he's still driving/trespassing on other people's property in order to get his car to his back door.

before it all gets very legal and based on the legal opinions of people who have no idea what they're talking about - my advice is to read Halibut's wise words, ignore all the other posts and have a word with your neighbour. Hope all's well.

We already have had a word, it lasted 2 days. Spoke with others in the block and they've all spoken with him too regarding the issue.

It's now in the hands of the LL. I've suggested, in my email, the option of installing bollards on the end property (entrance to the alley).

We already have had a word, it lasted 2 days. Spoke with others in the block and they've all spoken with him too regarding the issue.

It's now in the hands of the LL. I've suggested, in my email, the option of installing bollards on the end property (entrance to the alley).

sorry resident, didn't read the others - the bloke's obviously an A hole and needs sorting out . Good luck.

Why should we pay "an extra premium" to be able to access a property we already pay for? I know its not much but we already pay for the access in our rent.

Emailed LL with time/date/GPS stamped images this morning. We'll see what happens.

I would now wait to see if the landlord can sort it, give him a couple of days. If he fails to, for whatever reason, I would contact the Fire Service and have them come round to do a home safety check. One of the things they will do is put together an escape plan in case a fire does break out. Once aware of the situation I'm sure that they would be more than happy to send both your landlord and your neighbour a very sternly worded letter to them not to block the exit from your property.

If that doesn't work I doubt the council will have any powers to enforce permits on what is essentially private land so you will be left with either moving or slashing tyres.

jb

I would now wait to see if the landlord can sort it, give him a couple of days. If he fails to, for whatever reason, I would contact the Fire Service and have them come round to do a home safety check. One of the things they will do is put together an escape plan in case a fire does break out.

jb

Well that's another thing then. I actually didn't consider that. In the event of a fire if we were in the bedroom then the back door would be our closest exit.

Thanks for that.

I would now wait to see if the landlord can sort it, give him a couple of days. If he fails to, for whatever reason, I would contact the Fire Service and have them come round to do a home safety check. One of the things they will do is put together an escape plan in case a fire does break out. Once aware of the situation I'm sure that they would be more than happy to send both your landlord and your neighbour a very sternly worded letter to them not to block the exit from your property.
Like it:thumbsup:

If that doesn't work I doubt the council will have any powers to enforce permits on what is essentially private land so you will be left with either moving or slashing tyres.

jb

would be a very brave (I'd say foolhardy) landlord who doesn't act on the basis of now knowing a disabled person would have evacuation difficulties in the event of a fire or needing an ambulance - they could be liable (sez me knowing nowt about legal aspects, but who might fear the litigation threat of a good solicitor)

Why not get him a permit (and pay for it if there's a charge) that way everyone's a winner.

Why doesn't he pay the lazy sods electricity bill while he's at it??

or maybe buy the guy a massive telly and all the Sky Channels to attempt to keep him happy.

Any more stupid suggestions??

Archived