How many of you go to Red Deer?

meumeu77

Quite often end up there for lunch, if work colleague is checking on the progress of his car (been in garage now for a long while!).

Very good beer + food not bad either! Although could have done with some volume control on a very loud student the last time we went. Nothing against students, just wish she'd not had to tell the whole pub about her exploits!

It used to host a fair contingent of expectant fathers in the days of Jessops Hospital.

When my wife was in there 27 years ago it coincided with a police crackdown on prostitution in Broomhall. So what better place to move their business to than to where many of the guys hadn't had their chocolates for months.

I used to park between the hospital and the Red Deer and have a pint before visiting my wife. Every night I was propositioned by the same girl who wouldn't take 'no thanks luv' for an answer. One night she asked once again if I was interested only for me to answer in the same manner as before, this time she countered with 'do you want something different?', I answered 'so what have you got leprosy?', she never bothered me again.

Happy days.

Archived