Roundabouts and overtaking

Advanced police drivers? Im impressed,seems most cant even get out of the car park without crashing never mind preach to others who have passed more tests,done more miles and have had NO accidents!!

heres just one example..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8303031/Police-crash-cars-hundreds-of-times-in-their-own-car-parks.html

Ps i remember being told by someone cocky like yourself many years ago they scraped people like me off the roads.My reply hasnt changed....

They arnt Like ME!! :)

Go and impress some neive 17 year old,your wasting your time here!

lmao just seen the link. Funny but true.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 00:28 ----------

To keep it simple as I can ... Think of a clock. If you want to turn left before 12 o'clock keep left. If you want an exit after 12 o'clock keep right.

Maybe this is a slightly different topic but I see this in increasing measure every week. You pull up to let oncoming traffic through because there are parked cars on your side of the road, as you should do, and some idiot decides to try and overtake you and nearly smashes head-on into the traffic coming in the opposite direction.

Maybe this is a slightly different topic but I see this in increasing measure every week. You pull up to let oncoming traffic through because there are parked cars on your side of the road, as you should do, and some idiot decides to try and overtake you and nearly smashes head-on into the traffic coming in the opposite direction.

When people are desperate to get past you,then you need to wonder why.

Hold your horses there xt500, the roundabout I'm referring to isn't a multi-lane one, no one has any business overtaking on it.

If you are taking the road ahead or turn left you should be positioned to the left, someone turning right should be over to the right and there is no reason at all for them to not pass you on the roundabout, and all should be safe assuming you and they are capable of staying on your bit of the road.

---------- Post added 21-09-2014 at 08:22 ----------

So driving in the middle of a single lane would in fact just be normal then...

I'll have to look it up on google maps.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.412756,-1.473805,3a,75y,355.02h,70.94t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1slyKWYP_9pa-SeEqqZinzrw!2e0

Doesn't have 2 lanes marked, but it's arguably wide enough...

I agree, the aerial view clearly shows that it is wide enough for two cars with a one meter gap between both cars and both kirbs.

Should you overtake on a roundabout? Example, Your in the right hand lane approaching a roundabout. A car is already on the roundabout moving at normal speed. You (still in the right lane) go round the roundabout and overtake the car thats already on it,

Thanks.

Is there a particular roundabout you had in mind?

A friend once asked me this and it turns out the roundabout had a two lane, immediate merge in turn exit. He kept thinking that people were overtaking him as he was exiting the roundabout.

Put on your right indicator, that should hopefully help.

Archived