Anyone come from Lansdowne Rd area?

Minimo

Hi Pmack, good to see another ex Lansdownian. I have just remembered the Baggotts had a cat that used to drape itself over the back of a kitchen chair. It looked most uncomfortable but the cat clearly didn't think so.

Thinking back to the men I can remember from that time, they were nearly all skinny , including my own father, while the women were quite bonny. I would guess that was likely a result of the war?

... the link to the kellys directory brought some memories back...
Hi Pmack37 - I don't know how far back your memory goes, but here is a scan from the 1942 directory.
... a cat that used to drape itself over the back of a kitchen chair. It looked most uncomfortable but the cat clearly didn't think so...
Nor does this cat. :)

Cats eh? What a strange lot they are. :)

The Kellys is fascinating. Mrs Sophia Jenkins at 23 was my great aunt, and my grandfather was at 45. He must have moved up to Franklin St so my dad could have 45.

Somrbody mentioned Arnie's ( Washington Arms ), I went in there often to play snooker, my mate Jack Glossop used to call Arnie, cripple, because he had a dummy leg which, so the story goes, was a result of playing football for Wolves. Every Saturday night the table was covered and homosexuals performed and it was better than going to the theatre, laugh a minute. All gone now of course. I lived on Priory Terrace. Anyone remember the Kay family.

Hi

I lived on London Rd. opposite T.C.Harrison in a court yard there were ten back to back houses. I remember the Kay family very well Derek, Margaret, and Theresa we attended the same same school St.Matthias (the dirty liars) Derek and myself spent many hours apple scrumping Kenwood Park Rd. area other families i remember Delyse and Melvyn Humphries Tommy Justice Lansdowne Rd. Wilson and Lowe families Pearl Str.

Cheers

Victor

Hi

I lived on London Rd. opposite T.C.Harrison in a court yard there were ten back to back houses. I remember the Kay family very well Derek, Margaret, and Theresa we attended the same same school St.Matthias (the dirty liars) Derek and myself spent many hours apple scrumping Kenwood Park Rd. area other families i remember Delyse and Melvyn Humphries Tommy Justice Lansdowne Rd. Wilson and Lowe families Pearl Str.

Cheers

Victor

Hi Victor

I am pleased someone else remembers Tommy. Funny how one name sticks in your memory, I don't recall hardly anyone else.

I went to Sharrow Lane School and there was a Michael Green in my class, he would be 77 now, I also new of a Rose Elliot but can't remember whether she went to Sharrow lane School as well.

when I was very young my dad used to take us to family who lived somewhere at the back of the co-op, their name was Green,they made the old brown paper carrier bags. They had a quota to do per day so while we were there visiting my dad made me sit and glue the string handles on so they didn't fall behind. oh happy days:confused::confused:

---------- Post added 26-08-2014 at 23:01 ----------

anyone remember the police box at the back of co-op? If you got lost there you were taken to the box and given either a piece of chocolate or a sweet, needless to say some of us got lost quite often:hihi::hihi::hihi: