Central heating, thinking of putting mine on

It's 23oC in my flat so no I'm not putting my central heating on. It's August FFS. Put a jumper on. Next you'll be wondering why your gas/elec bill is so high ;)

Temperature dropped to 14ºC in my sons room last night and we're already getting condensation forming in rivers on our bedroom walls overnight. We do though live in a 200 year old house with zero insulation and no ventilation. We don't usually have a problem with condensation (and subsequently mould, lots and lots of lovely mould everywhere) until well into Oct/Nov. To get it in August is a pain. Consequently our heating is now on a few hours a night.

jb

(btw if you have a combi-boiler, no need to put the heating on for an hour, in the end it uses the same system as the hot water! Just saying ;) )

If you want to heat the house you don't need to put the heating on with a combi boiler? Thats not my understanding!

It's up to you really, isn't it? Who cares. If you can afford it, afford it!

(btw if you have a combi-boiler, no need to put the heating on for an hour, in the end it uses the same system as the hot water! Just saying ;) )

Eh?!!! Please explain? Why don't you need to put the heating on for an hour?

So what if it uses the same system. :confused:

We have been so busy this week as so many people have turned their heating on and things have stuck or seized over summer even on newer type combination boilers, so my professional advice would be to tell everyone now might be a good time to give it a 5 minute blast. Any one with problems knows where I am :D