N.I.C.E. the N.H.S. and Me.

I'm sure the NHS has if we look hard enough.

Similar in that it's actually medical care, rather than unhelpful dietary advice, I suppose that's a similarity.

I can just imagine how grateful the OP would have been, arriving having a cardiac episode, to be told to eat more raw vegetables. That would definitely have saved his life.

Well, it's got stats on how many people die as a result of medical care- I don't think the NHS has?

The NHS will have those stats, every mysterious death is very well investigated.

People assume all the staff cover each others backs, but thats just not the case.

You can put in a freedom of information request to get the data if it's not online.

There are/were/probably still will be a few bad eggs that will create issues and get into the papers.

The NHS is chronically understaffed, has been for quite some time and the burden on it is only going to increase.

Some of the people making the decisions aren't really qualified to be in their position, so it really makes things difficult for the staff working with the patients.

If the OP's need for the insertion of an ICD was a life threatening one he would not have been discharged home. He would have been kept in hospital until the ICD was fitted or transferred directly to a hospital that could fit the device.

There would have been no need to pay privately for the device insertion unless he was impatient and wanted to jump the queue in front of those who can't afford to pay.

If the OP's need for the insertion of an ICD was a life threatening one he would not have been discharged home. He would have been kept in hospital until the ICD was fitted or transferred directly to a hospital that could fit the device.

There would have been no need to pay privately for the device insertion unless he was impatient and wanted to jump the queue in front of those who can't afford to pay.

That is my experience at the NGH, when I collapsed and required a pacemaker four years ago.

I did not realise until after, just how serious my condition was, and I pleaded to be allowed home until a slot came free for my pacemaker op. They, of course, said no way can you go home. I had to stay till the op happened. They were quite right. I could have died from any one of the 'episodes' I had.

The care and concern I received there at the NGH was second to none.

Archived