Timothy Taylor's Boltmaker

owls101

no but I could name dozens of pubs serving hundreds of better beers than the so-called best in Britain ;)

you don't see much Timmy T in Sheffield, no doubt in part due to their hideous barrel prices (in turn not unconnected to their numerous CBOB wins I suspect...), and when you do it tends to be LAndlord

no but I could name dozens of pubs serving hundreds of better beers than the so-called best in Britain ;)

you don't see much Timmy T in Sheffield, no doubt in part due to their hidoeus barrel prices (in turn not unconnected to their numerous CBOB wins I suspect...), and when you do it tends to be LAndlord

I know they serve Landlord in the Red Deer. Nice pint too.

What is your current favourite beer/pub pal?

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 15:07 ----------

The second placed Citra is considerably more to my taste.

Do you know anywhere serving it mate?

Citra is rare around here on Cask but you can get bottles from B&M Bargains.

No, really, you can!

I think Waitrose stock it as well.

I haven't been in awhile but The Gardeners Rest in Neepsend always had TT beers on draft. They'd be most likely to have Boltmaker. Although a trip there is never a wasted trip.

favourite pub in Sheffield - Shakespeare, hands down! superb range of ales as well as interesting foreign beer on tap and bottle, and while they don't do foot you can summon curry from over the road. what more could you want!

favourite beer - impossible to choose one, but generally love anything from Siren, Kernel, Wild, etc plus regularly appearing at the Shakey and almost without fail excellent are Mallinsons, North Riding, Raw, Hopcraft (ok interest declared on that one!), Brass Castle...

---------- Post added 19-08-2014 at 15:54 ----------

I haven't been in awhile but The Gardeners Rest in Neepsend always had TT beers on draft. They'd be most likely to have Boltmaker. Although a trip there is never a wasted trip.

don't recall seeing a TT beer for a fair while in there tbh

I was going to suggest trying the Red Deer too, I know they serve Landlord (which is indeed a decent pint) and they have guest beers at times.

Oakham Citra is more likely to be found in Chesterfield pubs such as the Rutland Arms & White Swan. In my opinion it is the best beer in Britain. Boltmaker on the other hand is unremarkable at best.

Mind you, it does seem that the Champion Beer Of Britain judging panel includes some quite ardent traditionalists.

Oakham Citra is more likely to be found in Chesterfield pubs such as the Rutland Arms & White Swan. In my opinion it is the best beer in Britain. Boltmaker on the other hand is unremarkable at best.

Mind you, it does seem that the Champion Beer Of Britain judging panel includes some quite ardent traditionalists.

Oakham Citra is regularly sold in B & M Hillsborough for just £1.79 a bottle. Bargain.

I'm racking my brain to remember where locally I had it on draft...obviously I had too much because it just won't come back to me.

On second thoughts I'm almost sure it was in Birmingham

Archived