P.I.P. My story

Saffy

Hi I applied for Pip after leaving my job because of arthiritis in my back and suffering from asthma and problems with my legs ect. I applied at the beginning of September 2013 I phoned them a few times to see how long it was going to take then at beginning of July had to go for an assessment,the assessment was in.the middle of doncaster town centre bearing mind I live in sheffield were there was no parking my husband dropped me off outside the door and then spent three quarters of an hour looking for a place to park.When I went in I was desperately needing the toilet,the women on.reception said the disabled toilet down stairs was broken ,there was one upstairs or if I went down the road there was a pub.I could go to,bearing in mind I could barely walk,they didn't have a lift either,I struggled to get up the stairs ,having to stop every couple of stairs and use my inhaler when I came out of the toilet the man who interviews me called me into the office and he had to wait for me to get my breath back,I have just received my payments but to say it was an assessment place for people with disabilities there facilities left a lot to be desired

• 4 months later...

A friend of mine applied for PIP in november 2013....went through the stress of being refused, appealed it and was told it would go to tribunal....She's given up waiting! Last year was a bad year for her and her OH, I wont go into detail but she lost her job on medical grounds and only having his low wage to live on is a struggle. So she decided to look for a job in another sector because debts are piling up! Her question is can she still work and claim PIP? She has had a letter saying her appeal is next month but has decided not to attend because of the stress it has caused so if it's refused it will all have been for nothing. She just wants to move on.

• 2 months later...