Does anyone remember Kenyons toy shop on Bellhouse Road

Arthur,

Are you saying that Cater the paper man who had his wheelbarrow at the bottom of Bellhouse was called Ron? and that his son (who lived on Patmore Rd) was called Eric and was the one most of us delivered papers for. He and his wife (with red blotchy legs through sitting too close to the fire) had one daughter who would be about 73 now

• 9 years later...
One of our favorite places to stand and stare as kids, was in Kenyons toy shop window, full of all the latest Dinky toys etc, anyone else remember this magical place?

Used to save my pocket money and buy a dinky every month, had a catalog and every toy in it, still in boxes when I got married and left home,,,,unfortunately my mum gave them to my brothers kids,,,,,ouch, when I see how much they would be worth now

Hi all.

As an ex Hucklow Rd boy I found this site great,read all posts avidly.Remember Kenyons very well,brought a lot of memories back.I lived at number 70 in the old prefabs. I was a few years behind Mikeyspikey at Hucklow road school left Aug 1964 bound for Aus.Would love too see some pictures of Firth Park as it is now.

All the best.

Lostsoul.

My brother Andrew would have been in your year at Hucklow. There is a small group of Hucklow boys who still meet up every Tuesday for a chinwag and a cuppa we have a runabout at Concord every Friday. If you ever find your way home message me