Ebola - God cured me!

1corintians 12 v7-11

To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Oh great, more Bible verses. Thanks

Wow, a completely out of context quote.

Let's look at the context shall we, because it's quite interesting.

Firstly, the "land that the Lord your God is giving you" is Israel, and he's talking to the jews. Basically he's saying, 'I've given you this land, but don't mingle with the people already living there'.

Wierd because loads of the time Christians will argue that the rules in the old testament are just for the jews, and this one really is quite specifically about the Land of Israel, but hey, setting that hypocrisy aside for a second,

A page or two later, he specifies exactly what his people should do with those people who practise 'abominations' like telling fortunes:

16 However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

So basically you've quoted a little bit where the context is the lord god of the Jewish people is ordering a genocide of the nasty foreigners living in Israel at the time and to take their land.

Is that really something you want to use as an example of how to live your life?

There are many more verses telling us and warning us away from things like this , sorry but I don't believe God wants us to consult anyone else but him in these matters .

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 22:10 ----------

Oh great, more Bible verses. Thanks

I am showing you it's written in both the old and the New Testament

There are many more verses telling us and warning us away from things like this , sorry but I don't believe God wants us to consult anyone else but him in these matters .

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 22:10 ----------

I am showing you it's written in both the old and the New Testament

So the OT is handy when it contains something that you agree with?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patient-dr-kent-brantly-god-saved-life/story?id=25060979

To me a little ungrateful to the scientific research and medical staff that actually did save him.

Plus if he does believe that his god saved him, I wonder what he thinks 'created' the virus and what about the thousands of people you obviously didn't pray hard enough to be cured?

Always makes me laugh when people say that god saved them when hundreds or thousands of people have died in the exact same way. Their OTT self importance is unmeasurable to think that god hand picked them to save...

There is no shortage of natural disasters in the world today. Are these natural catastrophes a judgement from God? Is God using these to punish mankind?

When God spoke to Job out of the “whirlwind”, this might seem like God is speaking to humans through nature itself (Job 38:1, 40:6). In Isaiah 29:6 He thunders, “the LORD Almighty will come with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with wind storm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.” In Genesis 6:11-12, “the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how bad the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.” In Jonah 1:4, “the LORD sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.”

God is sovereign over the entire universe, including all that happens on the earth. Nothing happens that God does not allow. God doesn't cause suffering but He does allow it and suffering for His purpose (Rom 8:28). Humans suffer from their own making. Sin causes suffering, We humans live with the consequences of it. In fact, the entire universe,all that is created,is under the curse of sin at the time. Romans 8:20-22 shows that “the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be free from its bondage to decay ,brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been crying as in the pains of labour right up to the this time.” Here it says that the creation is in a state of decay and someday that the creation will actually be free from it. When and what is the creation waiting for? Romans 8:19 tells us that “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.” , this means that when the children of God – those who are born again are glorified into a spirit body at Christ’s return, the creation will become be renewed, freed from the curse that occurred during the fall in the Garden of Eden. There will be a new heaven and a new earth when Christ reigns as it says in Revelation 21:1, “Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.”

What will happen to the old earth? The Apostle Peter clearly revealed this in II Peter 3:10, “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.” Only when Christ returns will the new heavens and the new earth be established (Rev. 21:1). In this new earth and in the new heavens, “‘[God] will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away” (Rev 21:4).

Whether God causes natural disasters s or these are the result of sin on the earth or whether it is both, we can not precisely say. Where the Bible is does not say , so must we be. The good news is there is sufficient Scriptural evidence where God is in total control ; whether He causes it or He allows it. Either way, God is sovereign and nothing happens anywhere in the universe that does not pass through His hands.

Isaiah 29:6 “the LORD Almighty will come with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with wind storm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire.”

Revelation 6:12 “There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red.”

Revelation 16:18 “Then there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder and a severe earthquake. No earthquake like it has ever occurred since the human race has been on earth, so tremendous was the quake.”

Isaiah 29:6 “the LORD Almighty will come with thunder and earthquake and great noise, with wind storm and tempest and flames of a devouring fire”

Ezekiel 13:13 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: In my wrath I will unleash a violent wind, and in my anger hailstones and torrents of rain will fall with destructive fury.”

Jonah 1:4 “Then the LORD sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up.”

Nahum 1:8 “But with an overflowing flood He will make a complete end of its site, And will pursue His enemies into darkness.”

Genesis 7:11b-12 “on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.”

Genesis 6:17 “I am going to bring flood waters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.”

Ezekiel 20:48 “’Hear the word of the LORD. This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am about to set fire to you, and it will consume all your trees, both green and dry. The blazing flame will not be quenched, and every face from south to north will be scorched by it.”

Jeremiah 21:14 “But I will punish you according to the fruit of your doings, says the LORD: and I will kindle a fire in the forest thereof, and it shall devour all things round about it.”

Genesis 19:24 “Then the LORD rained down burning sulphur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the LORD out of the heavens.”

Other natural disasters like volcanoes (Micah 1:3-5), hailstorms (Josh. 10:11, Rev. 16:21), famine and drought (Amos 4:6-8, Is. 14:29), and even cosmic disasters (Rev. 8:10-11, Joshua 10:13) are also under the sovereignty of God Almighty. The question is not whether God causes or allows natural disasters and catastrophes but why does He allow or cause these to occur. It’s as if God is pleading with humanity to get right with Him…to seek Him and establish a relationship with Him…to repent and be saved. God desires that none perish but that all would come to repentance and be saved (II Pet 3:9). He doesn't enjoy seeing humans perish at all (Ezek 18:32). Seek Him while it is still called today as He says in II Corinthians 6:2, “In the time of my favour I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favour, now is the day of salvation.”

Psalm 91 is a very reassuring psalm for those who are believers in Christ Jesus:

1 “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,

10 no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honour him.

16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

your god kills plenty of the faithful along with the unbelievers in these natural disasters be it weather or disease,so how do defend that? what about stillborn babies,incapable of sinning? is god moving in mysterious ways again? no more sermons/bible quotes they mean nothing as they are mens words not some super being.

your god kills plenty of the faithful along with the unbelievers in these natural disasters be it weather or disease,so how do defend that? what about stillborn babies,incapable of sinning? is god moving in mysterious ways again? no more sermons/bible quotes they mean nothing as they are mens words not some super being.

Sorry lottiecass , the bible was inspired by God hence I will be quoting from it as my bible is a guide for life . I will answer your question tomorrow when I have had a chance to sleep . I didn't expect a forum like this existed .

Sorry lottiecass , the bible was inspired by God hence I will be quoting from it as my bible is a guide for life . I will answer your question tomorrow when I have had a chance to sleep . I didn't expect a forum like this existed .

You have been a preacher for 50 yrs,and didn't know about the internet? its where religions come to die,its the one of the best way to show what a con they are.Defending god with the bible does not work because it is the words of men,to do so is inviting you to cherry pick as do all the religious,they forget all the evil bits as "a guide for life" and push the good bits and that is totally wrong

You either believe the bible or not,theres too much rubbish in it for me,noahs ark is a favourite of mine.Nite nite ken.