Ebola - God cured me!

Lottiecass I trained as a nanny and did a diploma in play therapy , before I went to bible college one of the reasons I went was to do African cultural studies , which is important for communicating now, but I had a family issue and had to leave , after that I nannied for a family for 23 years until I started a business , so going to bible college was good even if I didn't complete it and gain a qualification . I personally love the bible , yes it's a guide, like many Christians I do read it every day .

---------- Post added 30-12-2015 at 23:45 ----------

Did he ask you to meet him?

You went to bible college to learn African culture or was it the how to get Africans in churches course? There's plenty of ways to learn about African cultures without going to bible school.

You went to bible college to learn African culture or was it the how to get Africans in churches course? There's plenty of ways to learn about African cultures without going to bible school.

where I went they offered Hebrew , New testament Greek and African cultural studies along with obvious bible teaching, church leadership etc. I chose African studies as when you are working in different tribes you don't want to cause offence to the people you are attempting to help , understanding the culture helps having good relations with the villages you work in, also I am not academic so doing a practical course was better for me and not wasting the time I had. Also no I was not attempting to convert anyone , I have always been practical.

African cultural studies cover African traditions , how a tribe lives , what they do to preserve life etc , stories and history , marriage traditions like lobola, traditions that African families have , I learnt about the Masai people in Kenya and Tanzania, we also learned historical facts about different African countries , again tribal tradition.

Edited by teeny

where I went they offered Hebrew , New testament Greek and African cultural studies along with obvious bible teaching, church leadership etc. I chose African studies as when you are working in different tribes you don't want to cause offence to the people you are attempting to help , understanding the culture helps having good relations with the villages you work in, also I am not academic so doing a practical course was better for me and not wasting the time I had. Also no I was not attempting to convert anyone , I have always been practical.

Of course it was more a missionary thing than anything more meaningful,anything is more useful than religion,one pair of hands can do more than a thousand pairs praying so the saying goes,it never does any good.

While you are here,how old is the earth? and can you explain fossils away with your bible,kensmith has gone away for now so he didn't answer,just wondered if you could oblige,no cut and paste or sermon please.

Of course it was more a missionary thing than anything more meaningful,anything is more useful than religion,one pair of hands can do more than a thousand pairs praying so the saying goes,it never does any good.

While you are here,how old is the earth? and can you explain fossils away with your bible,kensmith has gone away for now so he didn't answer,just wondered if you could oblige,no cut and paste or sermon please.

I actually agree with what he has said Lottiecass the bible does say those things , I believe what the bible tells me , its part of that relationship we have with God. I already told Snailboy and yourself that in another thread.

learning isn't useless it shows you are committed to honouring tradition

Edited by teeny

I actually agree with what he has said Lottiecass the bible does say those things , I believe what the bible tells me , its part of that relationship we have with God. I already told Snailboy and yourself that in another thread.

learning isn't useless it shows you are committed to honouring tradition

Theology is a waste of time,it is of no use,maybe as part of history it is.You have ignored my query same as kensmith did,lalalalalalalalala once again from the religious but facts are facts.Any chance of a reply to my?

Yes, he didn't provide evidence for the fact that Job was published for being stubborn, as he had previously claimed.

Instead he copy and pasted something not relevant to the point at end, that was someones else's summary of Job. Please don't tell me you see this as evidence of him reading it.

Most Christians have never read their book, it confuses me.

Surely Christians follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and that is contained only in the New Testament. Surely the Old Testament is largely irrelevant to most Christian belief?

surely the catholic church does compensate its victims...

Only after it has been dragged, kicking and screaming, through the secular courts.

...but no amount of money , can help heal the abuse from rape.

Now you are getting it! Well done! Compare with the horrors that Job suffered.

---------- Post added 31-12-2015 at 04:17 ----------

Also no I was not attempting to convert anyone

Then you are not doing it right...

Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

(...although, you're probably wasting your time with the woodlice!)

[/b]

Surely Christians follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, and that is contained only in the New Testament. Surely the Old Testament is largely irrelevant to most Christian belief?

A common misconception lovely lady. Jesus came not to change the laws, but to enforce them. The OT is just as important as the NT. Moreover, very few read the NT also.

A common misconception lovely lady. Jesus came not to change the laws, but to enforce them. The OT is just as important as the NT. Moreover, very few read the NT also.

Mmmm... an interesting point of view that I've not heard before. Not sure I agree with it though. I've never thought of Jesus as an 'enforcer.'

Always willing to learn, do you have any examples to back it up?

Only after it has been dragged, kicking and screaming, through the secular courts.

Now you are getting it! Well done! Compare with the horrors that Job suffered.

---------- Post added 31-12-2015 at 04:17 ----------

Then you are not doing it right...

Mark 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

(...although, you're probably wasting your time with the woodlice!)

I believe with Job there was a much bigger picture , that's is when God restored his family , lands etc he healed the hurt it caused , for Job to carry on hurting when God sees the whole is a wrong assumption.

The great commission is again far greater than you imagine , you can show Gods love through what you do , not just preaching , actions speak louder than words when you are dealing with an orphan whose been abandoned at a border thinking her parents will return . Bringing that child into a situation where healing can take place through becoming part of small family groups with a mother who loves them like her own , we have people who do talking therapies with older children , younger children art/play /music therapy , We attempt to bring Gods love not by saying you must accept Jesus into you life etc but we show love by bringing education , stable home life , good medical and emotional care . most of all we provide safety for those who are broken. There is a big difference form Preaching and caring.

---------- Post added 31-12-2015 at 11:00 ----------

he came to for-fill the prophecies in the old testament and brought the new covenant of Grace but it doesn't make the old testament not relevant anymore we still use mosaic law today

---------- Post added 31-12-2015 at 11:02 ----------

Theology is a waste of time,it is of no use,maybe as part of history it is.You have ignored my query same as kensmith did,lalalalalalalalala once again from the religious but facts are facts.Any chance of a reply to my?

I haven't ignored it but I believe the answers are in the text Ken wrote because you aren't looking at it with openness to learning , you are always seeing it as a reason not to believe.

Edited by teeny