Ebola - God cured me!

What questions do you want me to answer?

Me personally? I don't have any questions for you as I don't care what you think. Harsh but the truth. I believe what I want and an opinion from a name behind a screen won't influence that. And I'm sure it's the same from your side. (Again, the whole point of my posts regarding this thread)

But I would expect (as you rightly say this is a discussion) that any questions put to you as an Atheist should be answered and with an open mind.

Afterall, I've read this thread and I acknowledge some of the arguments put forward by the non-theist stand point. I take them on board. However I don't find the same willingness from the other side. Any argument that Teeny has put forward is immediately rebuffed by "Proof".

And what is proof when behind a screen? An internet link....which both sides present but immediately reject for "Unconcious Bias"....again bringing this whole thread into question.

Ok delayed' date='so you would prefer to let the religious carry on posting any of the usual rubbish, some which are total nonsense?[/quote']

Yes of course. It's called freedom of speech and just generally respecting each others opinions. People may not agree with it granted but we've every right to say it.

Edited by Delayed

Me personally? I don't have any questions for you as I don't care what you think. Harsh but the truth. I believe what I want and an opinion from a name behind a screen won't influence that. And I'm sure it's the same from your side. (Again, the whole point of my posts regarding this thread)

But I would expect (as you rightly say this is a discussion) that any questions put to you as an Atheist should be answered and with an open mind.

Afterall, I've read this thread and I acknowledge some of the arguments put forward by the non-theist stand point. I take them on board. However I don't find the same willingness from the other side. Any argument that Teeny has put forward is immediately rebuffed by "Proof".

And what is proof when behind a screen? An internet link....which both sides present but immediately reject for "Unconcious Bias"....again bringing this whole thread into question.

Yes of course. It's called freedom of speech and just generally respecting each others opinions. People may not agree with it granted but we've every right to say it.

An open mind. I need a justification to believe that something is true, that justification is evidence.

Theistic claims don't have that evidence, not at all. If they did I'd believe it.

Do you think it's important that what you believe is true?

An open mind. I need a justification to believe that something is true, that justification is evidence.

Theistic claims don't have that evidence, not at all. If they did I'd believe it.

Do you think it's important that what you believe is true?

I think it's important to know that parts of it are true. But I'd be a liar (and any other Theist) if I claim to know all parts of religion/bible/God whatever are true.

What parts do you believe are true?

That would be too lengthy to post but I'll keep it relevant.

I believe God has the capabilities to heal people. I don't know specifically if it was Ebola and I don't always buy into God healing people by praying and immediately curing the disease. I do think this is possible but I believe that God can heal people by other methods...

I believe God has the capabilities to heal people. I don't know specifically if it was Ebola and I don't always buy into God healing people by praying and immediately curing the disease. I do think this is possible but I believe that God can heal people by other methods...

Which are?

So what justification do you have to believe that to be true?

So what justification do you have to believe that to be true?

My belief is based upon the understanding that the bible is an historical account. But you will immediately dismiss that as man-made stories and therefore not factually accurate.

And we come to the impasse which has happened countless times throughout this thread further highlighting the pointlessness.

Which are?

Giving people the tools to heal others...be it intelligence, medicines or even something as simple as compassion.

My belief is based upon the understanding that the bible is an historical account. But you will immediately dismiss that as man-made stories and therefore not factually accurate.

And we come to the impasse which has happened countless times throughout this thread further highlighting the pointlessness.

Giving people the tools to heal others...be it intelligence, medicines or even something as simple as compassion.

As I said before, I think it's important to have a justification to believe that something is true.

I think it's obvious that you don't.