Ebola - God cured me!

no not at all , the old testament was written for the jews !! I am a gentile

Would you mind answering post #1419 ?

---------- Post added 12-01-2016 at 09:10 ----------

I am sorry but I belong to a church with people of faith not a cult

Do you not venerate your god? Are you not devoted to him?...

Cult-

1. A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/cult

---------- Post added 12-01-2016 at 09:10 ----------

Do you not venerate your god? Are you not devoted to him?...

Romans 6v 13 says Dead to Sin, Alive to God

…13and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Romans 8:2

because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Galatians 5:18

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

We love the lord with all our hearts , souls and minds so yes we do worship him.

Edited by teeny

…13and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

We love the lord with all our hearts , souls and minds so yes we do worship him.

...so it is a cult then.

I have as above , We are a church as far as I aware no churches are classed as cults , places of worship ! no cult mentioned

In case you missed it, this qualifies your religion (and most others) as a cult...

Oxford English Dictionary -

"Cult: A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object."

As for post #1419, which is unrelated to your response about cults, I'll give you a reminder...

The Bible gives a clear answer to our question, Are Christians under the law? No, Christians are not under the Law of Moses.

God gave His Law to Moses and the Jewish nation, on Mt. Sinai, in Arabia, after the children of Israel left Egypt, around 1450 BC. There were no Christians when God gave the Law to Moses and the nation of Israel. Prior to God giving His Law to Moses, sin existed in the world but God did not impute sin to humankind when there was no formal law.

Let me get this straight, there were no Christians around when the laws were written (obviously). Jesus, who's teachings Christians are meant to follow, declared that the laws should still be followed. Christians appeared (after JC's death) but decided not to follow what he said about the laws.

Is that correct?

Can you point out to me the part of the bible that is clear about Christians not being under the law?

Would you mind giving an answer?

All very good.

The Bible is touted as being the Word of God. Since it is full of contradictions, and makes assertions about say, how old the world is, that are at odds with provable facts, it means that the Bible is wrong, and the word of God is wrong. Hence God is wrong, cannot therefore be omnipotent and omniscient, and is therefore QED not God.

Still waiting for an answer Teeny..... do you have one?

In case you missed it, this qualifies your religion (and most others) as a cult...

Oxford English Dictionary -

"Cult: A system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object."

As for post #1419, which is unrelated to your response about cults, I'll give you a reminder...

Would you mind giving an answer?

I gave you the answer in those bible verses !

---------- Post added 12-01-2016 at 13:50 ----------

All very good.

The Bible is touted as being the Word of God. Since it is full of contradictions, and makes assertions about say, how old the world is, that are at odds with provable facts, it means that the Bible is wrong, and the word of God is wrong. Hence God is wrong, cannot therefore be omnipotent and omniscient, and is therefore QED not God.

Still waiting for an answer Teeny..... do you have one?

I believe God is these things, To me God is Omnipotent and Omniscient , also Christians believe this so I have given you my answer

I gave you the answer in those bible verses !

---------- Post added 12-01-2016 at 13:50 ----------

I believe God is these things, To me God is Omnipotent and Omniscient , also Christians believe this so I have given you my answer

In which case if that is your answer I have just demonstrated that your God is errant, and as such doesn't exist. How then can you believe in such a fictional construct?