Ebola - God cured me!

Heheh :P

---------- Post added 13-01-2016 at 09:28 ----------

Speaking in tongues - Babbling similar sounding nonsense words repetitively at will. This act has been studied by professional linguists and found to be complete nonsense.

Prophesy - People saying something will happen. What's to explain about that?

A friend of mine who was a past minister Rev John Travenna at Greenhill Methodist Church once told us about tongues , they are language as his tongue was spoken in some part of the world where he had never been or never even heard of this remote place but never the less what he spoke to this person was a language. The man understood hat was being said in his native language.

When my parents were younger they were given a prophecy about the fact they should not be worried or upset as God was going to give them a child , My parents were in the 50s when they adopted me and in the 60s there weren't many babies available for adoption , they clung on to that word and were blessed by getting little me at 6 weeks old from the church of england baby home. Most of the parents collecting babies that day were 20 years younger , they were even told that grandparents should wait in the lounge !!!

Many of the prophetic words given to my family have been for filled through many years. I can see that through reading them in diaries which my adoptive parents kept. Also in those days it wasn't common for these gifts to be used within a church setting or bible study groups.

A friend of mine who was a past minister Rev John Travenna at Greenhill Methodist Church once told us about tongues , they are language as his tongue was spoken in some part of the world where he had never been or never even heard of this remote place but never the less what he spoke to this person was a language. The man understood hat was being said in his native language.

When my parents were younger they were given a prophecy about the fact they should not be worried or upset as God was going to give them a child , My parents were in the 50s when they adopted me and in the 60s there weren't many babies available for adoption , they clung on to that word and were blessed by getting little me at 6 weeks old from the church of england baby home. Most of the parents collecting babies that day were 20 years younger , they were even told that grandparents should wait in the lounge !!!

Many of the prophetic words given to my family have been for filled through many years. I can see that through reading them in diaries which my adoptive parents kept. Also in those days it wasn't common for these gifts to be used within a church setting or bible study groups.

Your parents weren't given a child, they went and got one. If someone prophesized that I would be givena television, the prophecy would not be fulfilled if I went to Currys and bought one.

1 Corinthians 13:8,9

Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy THEY WILL BE DONE AWAY WITH if there are tongues, they will CEASE; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with.9For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially,10but when what is COMPLETE comes, what is PARTIAL will be done away with.

Notice that certain gifts would be done away with after the infancy of the Christian congregation. But notice why ?

The evidence is that with the death of the apostles these gifts ceased to be transmitted and thereafter passed off the Christian scene, having served their purpose. By that time, of course, the Bible canon was complete.

Edited by kingdom

How did he know it was a real language from a remote part of the world?

Cool story, should make up for all the millions of prophesies that never come true.

I could 'prophecise' that a dark coloured car will drive past my house in the next hour. If it came true, there are people who would have believed it was a genuine prophesy (supernatural foresight) and there are those who would (quite rightly) conclude that it was just a chance occurrence.

If I told you a bird was about to fall out of the sky and it didn't happen, you would most likely forget about it in a few days or weeks.

If I told you a bird was about to fall out of the sky and it did happen, you would remember it for years, probably the rest of your life. You might even attribute it to some kind of divine foresight or intuition, even though it was just a chance coincidence that I guessed right.

That's weird because the peak year for adoptions in the 60's was 1968 when 16164 children went through the adoption process.

That's weird because the peak year for adoptions in the 60's was 1968 when 16164 children went through the adoption process.

My parents were told they wouldn't get a baby as they were to old , in 1964 there were more adopters than babies ! I was told by Sheffield social services I was unusual as most parents were in their 30s when they adopted ( this was when I went to find out about my birth mother ) they couldn't believe when I was 11 my mother collected her old age pension ! Etc if she was alive now she would be 98 years old 1 year older than my natural grandmother ! Which is a big difference . In 1950 they were accepted on to the adoption register , the prophesy was given 10th March 1952 , my dad logged it down in his diary , I read what it said . They were told in 1960 they were too old and should look at fostering older children then on October 1964 they received A letter inviting them to apply for fostering , but 3 days after this they were invited to collect me on November 20th after being continually that they were to old ! So yes I believe the prophsy came to fullness .

---------- Post added 13-01-2016 at 11:26 ----------

How did he know it was a real language from a remote part of the world?

Cool story, should make up for all the millions of prophesies that never come true.

I could 'prophecise' that a dark coloured car will drive past my house in the next hour. If it came true, there are people who would have believed it was a genuine prophesy (supernatural foresight) and there are those who would (quite rightly) conclude that it was just a chance occurrence.

If I told you a bird was about to fall out of the sky and it didn't happen, you would most likely forget about it in a few days or weeks.

If I told you a bird was about to fall out of the sky and it did happen, you would remember it for years, probably the rest of your life. You might even attribute it to some kind of divine foresight or intuition, even though it was just a chance coincidence that I guessed right.

He didn't know at that time what he spoke was a language , there was a person from that kart of world who interpitted that as it was this persons language

Edited by teeny

My parents were told they wouldn't get a baby as they were to old , in 1964 there were more adopters than babies ! I was told by Sheffield social services I was unusual as most parents were in their 30s when they adopted ( this was when I went to find out about my birth mother ) they couldn't believe when I was 11 my mother collected her old age pension ! Etc if she was alive now she would be 98 years old 1 year older than my natural grandmother ! Which is a big difference . In 1950 they were accepted on to the adoption register , the prophesy was given 10th March 1952 , my dad logged it down in his diary , I read what it said . They were told in 1960 they were too old and should look at fostering older children then on October 1964 they received A letter inviting them to apply for fostering , but 3 days after this they were invited to collect me on November 20th after being continually that they were to old ! So yes I believe the prophsy came to fullness .

But it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your parents were obviously actively looking to foster/adopt.

I can make a prophecy about what I'm going to have for lunch, all I have to do is go and buy it. Prophecy fulfilled.

But it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your parents were obviously actively looking to foster/adopt.

I can make a prophecy about what I'm going to have for lunch, all I have to do is go and buy it. Prophecy fulfilled.

They weren't going to foster ! They wanted a child of their own . Look at the dates involved too long periods , they trusted God