Ebola - God cured me!

Unfortunately there is no reasoning with those who adopt such blind faith:

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbours came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

totally God gives us the means to be safe by providing for our needs , by people or other means , it doesn't matter God gives us what we need and we shouldn't ignore that fact , this is why Christians are Gods hands and feet on earth.

totally God gives us the means to be safe by providing for our needs , by people or other means , it doesn't matter God gives us what we need and we shouldn't ignore that fact , this is why Christians are Gods hands and feet on earth.

It was a joke.

Despite that, I think it takes some faith to give that sort of statement considering the awful circumstances that people live in.

Edited by SnailyBoy

This is completely untrue (also the joke seems to have gone straight over your head), there are thousands of people who die every day because they didn't have what they needed and weren't kept safe.

This is completely untrue (also the joke seems to have gone straight over your head), there are thousands of people who die every day because they didn't have what they needed and weren't kept safe.

I know it was a joke but if God sends help then you don't ignore it you take the hand being offered.

Yes I know Thousands of people die in extreme poverty I am not blind to that fact, I have seen this myself in 2007/8 in Bulawayo and other places

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 15:36 ----------

Shame on "Gods hands and feet".

too few workers , we try believe me.

I know it was a joke but if God sends help then you don't ignore it you take the hand being offered.

Yes I know Thousands of people die in extreme poverty I am not blind to that fact, I have seen this myself in 2007/8 in Bulawayo and other places

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 15:36 ----------

too few workers , we try believe me.

So as you put it, what help did the thousands of people who die in extreme poverty ignore?

So as you put it, what help did the thousands of people who die in extreme poverty ignore?

I can't say as I am not involved with them but the fact is the workers are few because those who are willing to work against poverty are elsewhere and some are sat in 1st world countries thinking its not as bad at that ! We are all capable of changing poverty.

I can't say as I am not involved with them but the fact is the workers are few because those who are willing to work against poverty are elsewhere and some are sat in 1st world countries thinking its not as bad at that ! We are all capable of changing poverty.
Isn't most poverty a direct result of a lack of birth control?