Ebola - God cured me!

Isn't most poverty a direct result of a lack of birth control?

no its down to other factors such as drought , floods etc In some countries Birth control is spoken of as sin , particularly in Africa there's so many stories from old time way back that say it will make a woman sterile to giving her demon children ! where I work birth control is available but its at a cost ! so if cannot feed yourself how can you afford contraception ? the only time free contraception is available is when an over seas agency comes in , they again are few so its limited to where they are . Also tribal law is against this. Many countries still allow women to be second class , if they refuse to have relations with their man , they get sent back to their parents , which often results in rejection of the woman and of any children. It brings embarrassment on her family and they are shunned, we as a first world country can help by providing free contraception in every place.

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 17:42 ----------

Are the poor & hungry there to give people like yourself a purpose in life? Serious question.

I would dearly love not to have to special abandoned babies, when they are dehydrated and malnourished, I would also love not have to do therapy with a child with abandonment issues so I don't think so. Also I would like not have to travel 5,000 miles every few months to take out what people need but i will carry on until there is no need or somebody takes over from me when I can no longer do this.

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 17:45 ----------

Anyone disproved the existence of God yet? Or turned Teeny away from God?

Nope..? Oh well,maybe it will happen in the next 78 pages.... :lol:

no but we have 4 people attending my church as a result of this thread some who haven't and some who have!

Edited by teeny

I can't say as I am not involved with them but the fact is the workers are few because those who are willing to work against poverty are elsewhere and some are sat in 1st world countries thinking its not as bad at that ! We are all capable of changing poverty.

I'm lost. Didn't you say your god provided what they need?

totally God gives us the means to be safe by providing for our needs , by people or other means , it doesn't matter God gives us what we need and we shouldn't ignore that fact , this is why Christians are Gods hands and feet on earth.
Edited by SnailyBoy

I'm lost. Didn't you say your god provided what they need?

There you go again Snailboy , I see you are playing with words , I believe Teeny was speaking about the jokey story on here. Interestingly she pointed out God used us to change outcomes . Snailboy he's even used you upon this thread so much so there was a response , which has enabled them to have understanding of God . Thank you for that . Amazing .

There you go again Snailboy , I see you are playing with words , I believe Teeny was speaking about the jokey story on here. Interestingly she pointed out God used us to change outcomes . Snailboy he's even used you upon this thread so much so there was a response , which has enabled them to have understanding of God . Thank you for that . Amazing .

Wow SnailBoy you have been used by God did you agree to that?;) or will you now sue..

I can't for the life of me see why.

Happy to help. I like to think while I was being used it may have stopped your god giving bone cancer to a child.

Now that's amazing

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 20:06 ----------

Wow SnailBoy you have been used by God did you agree to that?;) or will you now sue..

I thought it was a Jedi mind trick. ?

totally God gives us the means to be safe by providing for our needs , by people or other means , it doesn't matter God gives us what we need and we shouldn't ignore that fact , this is why Christians are Gods hands and feet on earth.

Yes I know Thousands of people die in extreme poverty I am not blind to that fact, I have seen this myself in 2007/8 in Bulawayo and other places

Do you not see the huge conflict between these two statements you made? :suspect:

Do you not see the huge conflict between these two statements you made? :suspect:

Er I think she was commenting on the story you know the joke story !not in general , you and snailboy are good at twisting words. Perfectly obvious when I read through what has been written .

Edited by Kensmith

Er I think she was commenting on the story you know the joke story !not in general , you and snailboy are good at twisting words. Perfectly obvious when I read through what has been written .

So she was joking when she said God provides what we need?

Edited by RootsBooster
Typo on God

Unfortunately there is no reasoning with those who adopt such blind faith:

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbours came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

This is with what the comment relates to Roadrunner I believe , please get that into your head ,as usual you are showing your true colours .

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 22:50 ----------

So she was joking when she said Good provides what we need?

As above just in case you don't get it .