Ebola - God cured me!

Do you think the following people were 'poor lost souls' and 'vulnerable/easily led'
I doubt he does, but the people on that list are certainly not usual, and he was speaking generally, not absolutely, so you don't really have a point.

I find it's usually poor lost soles who need some kind of guidance in their lives who turn to 'God ' .......... vulnerable people who are easily lead.

There was a point and it was made quite clear

If you or anyone can't see it then that's not my problem.

Oh don't worry I know exactly what you were trying to say, you just didn't substantiate it.

Also, treating it at face value, it's a meaningless argument from authority anyway, has no bearing on truth.

Do you think the following people were 'poor lost souls' and 'vulnerable/easily led':

(to name a few)..

Albert Einstein

Max Planck

Guglielmo Marconi

Arthur Compton

Abdus Salam

Winston Churchill

Jimmy Carter

Theodore Roosevelt

Nelson Mandela

Isaac Newton

Galileo Galilei

Nicolaus Copernicus

Johannes Kepler

Francis Bacon

Blaise Pascal

They all believed in God and adhered to a faith.

Think they did pretty well for lost souls.. don't you?

It appears that Einstein wasn't really a christian, the others (apart from Salam) were raised in a strong Christian culture.

Some on here like to play with words, twisting what others have written, trying to make out they meant something else.

So that's very similar to how the religious play with words and interpret what is written in the Bible to mean what they want it to mean.

It appears that Einstein wasn't really a christian, the others (apart from Salam) were raised in a strong Christian culture.

It could also be argued that Churchill was not a real Christian for allowing the firebombing of Germany. Truman not a real Christian for allowing the Atomic bomb to be dropped on Japan. Nelson Mandela not a real Christian for being a terrorist in an organisation that killed people. Isaac Newton not a real Christian as he was obsessed with the occult rather than religion.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 22:14 ----------

If you actually study him it says in his latter years he changed his opinion, he wrote a letter to that effect .

This a quote from that letter that he wrote in 1954 a year before he died..

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Richard Dawkins put in a bid at the auction of it but failed.

It could also be argued that Churchill was not a real Christian for allowing the firebombing of Germany. Truman not a real Christian for allowing the Atomic bomb to be dropped on Japan. Nelson Mandela not a real Christian for being a terrorist in an organisation that killed people. Isaac Newton not a real Christian as he was obsessed with the occult rather than religion.

---------- Post added 15-01-2016 at 22:14 ----------

This a quote from that letter that he wrote in 1954 a year before he died..

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Richard Dawkins put in a bid at the auction of it but failed.

It doesn't matter that he wrote it a year before his death, the fact is that he did write to the effect he did believe in and have a relationship with God .

It doesn't matter that he wrote it a year before his death, the fact is that he did write to the effect he did believe in and have a relationship with God .

When I was a child I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy and now I'm grown up I dont.

The simple fact is Einstein never said he had a relationship with God and wrote the opposite in his final years hoping to clear up some assumptions about what he believed.