Ebola - God cured me!

But I'm asking you, this is a forum for discussion, if I wanted to watch an Alpha course video I'd go on their website. I don't need a particularly eloquent answer, just one that's not gonna take 45 minutes. If I were a cynical man I'd say you were dodging the question.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 12:39 ----------

Oh I forgot you're a JW! You think this is the end times right now! It would be cute if it wasn't so sad that you belong to a sinister cult. Do you shun any of your family members?

You guys have been falsely predicting the end of the world and saying it's happening right now for over a hundred years, so forgive me if I don't take you seriously on that one.

This is where our teaching differ but it doesn't mean Kingdom is wrong , I speak from experience we all mis interpit the teaching nobody has the full truth so you write from how God has spoken to you and what God has sowed in your heart

This is where our teaching differ but it doesn't mean Kingdom is wrong , I speak from experience we all mis interpit the teaching nobody has the full truth so you write from how God has spoken to you and what God has sowed in your heart

So why do you think god never heals amputees?

Why do you think he only ever heals people that might have gotten better anyway?

I would really love the answer that god has sowed in your heart and not a link to what he sowed in someone else's heart.

Edited by flamingjimmy

But I'm asking you, this is a forum for discussion, if I wanted to watch an Alpha course video I'd go on their website. I don't need a particularly eloquent answer, just one that's not gonna take 45 minutes. If I were a cynical man I'd say you were dodging the question.

No I trying to show you what we believe , I personally thing this is worth watching and that is what I believe ! But he puts it far better than me

Edited by teeny

No I trying to show you what we believe , I personally thing this is worth watching and that is what I believe ! But he puts it far better than me

Maybe he does but I really don't have 45 minutes to waste watching that whole video, I don't think that I'm being unreasonable here!

I asked very specific questions, ones that would not take 45 minutes to answer. If you would just quote the specific part that answers my questions or put what he said into your own words or whatever that'd be great.

Oh I forgot you're a JW! You think this is the end times right now! It would be cute if it wasn't so sad that you belong to a sinister cult. Do you shun any of your family members?

You guys have been falsely predicting the end of the world and saying it's happening right now for over a hundred years, so forgive me if I don't take you seriously on that one.

the bible predicted the end of the world (system) long before any of the main "christian" religions existed.

[

Even if a God did do it, why not Zeus? Or Apollo? Or maybe Poseidon was having a generous day.

Because they have no power they are man made Gods !

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 20:40 ----------

[

Zeus et al may well be man made Gods... But no more so than yours.

Edited by perplexed

You may notice one thing about all the gods through the ages of human history - they all had names .

The God of the bible also has a name :

psalm 83:18 (king james version)

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth

When satan asked jesus to do an act of worship to him (Matt 4:8,9)

he replied :

Matthew 4 :10 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Then Yeshua said to him, “Depart Satan, for it is written: 'You shall worship THE LORD JEHOVAH your God and him alone shall you serve.' “

So the God of the bible has a personal name even Jesus recognised this .

You may notice one thing about all the gods through the ages of human history - they all had names .

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth

he replied :

Then Yeshua said to him, “Depart Satan, for it is written: 'You shall worship THE LORD JEHOVAH your God and him alone shall you serve.' “

El Shaddai (Hebrew: אל שדי‎, IPA: [el ʃaˈdːaj]) is one of the names of the primary Judaic god, with its etymology coming from the influence of the Ugaritic religion upon modern Judaism. Shaddai was one of the many gods in Canaanite religion. El Shaddai is conventionally translated as God Almighty.

he replied :

Seeing as you place so much importance on the name of your god why don't you call him Yahweh?

Jehovah is a modern latinised bastardisation of the name.

Also, do you shun any of your family members?

Seeing as you place so much importance on the name of your god why don't you call him Yahweh?

Jehovah is a modern latinised bastardisation of the name.

Also, do you shun any of your family members?

Jehovah , Yahweh are both names of God along with a few others , please have respect for this persons faith .

---------- Post added 09-05-2015 at 14:57 ----------

EL, ELOAH: God "mighty, strong, prominent" (Genesis 7:1; Isaiah 9:6) – etymologically, El appears to mean “power,” as in “I have the power to harm you” (Genesis 31:29). El is associated with other qualities, such as integrity (Numbers 23:19), jealousy (Deuteronomy 5:9), and compassion (Nehemiah 9:31), but the root idea of might remains.

ELOHIM: God “Creator, Mighty and Strong” (Genesis 17:7; Jeremiah 31:33) – the plural form of Eloah, which accommodates the doctrine of the Trinity. From the Bible’s first sentence, the superlative nature of God’s power is evident as God (Elohim) speaks the world into existence (Genesis 1:1).

EL SHADDAI: “God Almighty,” “The Mighty One of Jacob” (Genesis 49:24; Psalm 132:2,5) – speaks to God’s ultimate power over all.

ADONAI: “Lord” (Genesis 15:2; Judges 6:15) – used in place of YHWH, which was thought by the Jews to be too sacred to be uttered by sinful men. In the Old Testament, YHWH is more often used in God’s dealings with His people, while Adonai is used more when He deals with the Gentiles.

YHWH / YAHWEH / JEHOVAH: “LORD” (Deuteronomy 6:4; Daniel 9:14) – strictly speaking, the only proper name for God. Translated in English Bibles “LORD” (all capitals) to distinguish it from Adonai, “Lord.” The revelation of the name is first given to Moses “I Am who I Am” (Exodus 3:14). This name specifies an immediacy, a presence. Yahweh is present, accessible, near to those who call on Him for deliverance (Psalm 107:13), forgiveness (Psalm 25:11) and guidance (Psalm 31:3).

YAHWEH-JIREH: "The Lord Will Provide" (Genesis 22:14) – the name memorialized by Abraham when God provided the ram to be sacrificed in place of Isaac.

YAHWEH-RAPHA: "The Lord Who Heals" (Exodus 15:26) – “I am Jehovah who heals you” both in body and soul. In body, by preserving from and curing diseases, and in soul, by pardoning iniquities.

YAHWEH-NISSI: "The Lord Our Banner" (Exodus 17:15), where banner is understood to be a rallying place. This name commemorates the desert victory over the Amalekites in Exodus 17.

YAHWEH-M'KADDESH: "The Lord Who Sanctifies, Makes Holy" (Leviticus 20:8; Ezekiel 37:28) – God makes it clear that He alone, not the law, can cleanse His people and make them holy.

YAHWEH-SHALOM: "The Lord Our Peace" (Judges 6:24) – the name given by Gideon to the altar he built after the Angel of the Lord assured him he would not die as he thought he would after seeing Him.

YAHWEH-ELOHIM: "LORD God" (Genesis 2:4; Psalm 59:5) – a combination of God’s unique name YHWH and the generic “Lord,” signifying that He is the Lord of Lords.

YAHWEH-TSIDKENU: "The Lord Our Righteousness” (Jeremiah 33:16) – As with YHWH-M’Kaddesh, it is God alone who provides righteousness to man, ultimately in the person of His Son, Jesus Christ, who became sin for us “that we might become the Righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

YAHWEH-ROHI: "The Lord Our Shepherd" (Psalm 23:1) – After David pondered his relationship as a shepherd to his sheep, he realized that was exactly the relationship God had with him, and so he declares, “Yahweh-Rohi is my Shepherd. I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1).

YAHWEH-SHAMMAH: "The Lord Is There” (Ezekiel 48:35) – the name ascribed to Jerusalem and the Temple there, indicating that the once-departed glory of the Lord (Ezekiel 8—11) had returned (Ezekiel 44:1-4).

YAHWEH-SABAOTH: "The Lord of Hosts" (Isaiah 1:24; Psalm 46:7) – Hosts means “hordes,” both of angels and of men. He is Lord of the host of heaven and of the inhabitants of the earth, of Jews and Gentiles, of rich and poor, master and slave. The name is expressive of the majesty, power, and authority of God and shows that He is able to accomplish what He determines to do.

EL ELYON: “Most High" (Deuteronomy 26:19) – derived from the Hebrew root for “go up” or “ascend,” so the implication is of that which is the very highest. El Elyon denotes exaltation and speaks of absolute right to lordship.

EL ROI: "God of Seeing" (Genesis 16:13) – the name ascribed to God by Hagar, alone and desperate in the wilderness after being driven out by Sarah (Genesis 16:1-14). When Hagar met the Angel of the Lord, she realized she had seen God Himself in a theophany. She also realized that El Roi saw her in her distress and testified that He is a God who lives and sees all.

EL-OLAM: "Everlasting God" (Psalm 90:1-3) – God’s nature is without beginning or end, free from all constraints of time, and He contains within Himself the very cause of time itself. “From everlasting to everlasting, You are God.”

EL-GIBHOR: “Mighty God” (Isaiah 9:6) – the name describing the Messiah, Christ Jesus, in this prophetic portion of Isaiah. As a powerful and mighty warrior, the Messiah, the Mighty God, will accomplish the destruction of God’s enemies and rule with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:15).

Recommended Resources: The Names of God by Ken Hemphill and Logos Bible Software.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/names-of-God.html#ixzz3ZeL51tVL