Ebola - God cured me!

Well no I don't think that's true at all.

The god of the bible is pretty psychopathic, he's certainly murderous, extremely violent, and very misogynistic.

You're telling me Christians don't believe in the god of the bible?

Or you're telling me that the god of the bible isn't those things?

Either way you're gonna have a hard time backing that up, which is it?

Christians don't believe that God is any of those things : psychopathic, murderous, extremely violent, and very misogynistic.

I don't need to back it up as it's fairly common knowledge,unless you have never been to a church.

Isn't the whole basis of Christianity that their God is loving? Why are you labouring this point? It's a perfectly valid statement. :roll:

You just aren't agreeing with it because of your Atheistic viewpoint.

Can you give me one example from the bible where the God of Abraham mistreat one of his loyal people ?

So it's only murder and violence if it's done to 'loyal' people?

Nope. God's killcount in the bible is in the thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands or millions.

---------- Post added 17-01-2016 at 13:07 ----------

Christians don't believe that God is any of those things : psychopathic, murderous, extremely violent, and very misogynistic.
Well then they must either believe that loads of parts of the bible are wrong, or that their god is not the one in the bible.

Christians have a lot of cognitive dissonance, I know, that's why I stopped being one.

Also, you're only speaking for wishy washy liberal Christians, there are plenty out there who at the very least think their god is extremely misogynistic, and use their religion to suppress women, probably millions of them.

And also let's not forget the god-mandated violence that Christians still do in some parts of the world to people they label as 'witches'.

Isn't the whole basis of Christianity that their God is loving?
No not at all, that's a very modern thing, not in any way the 'whole basis of Christianity'.

The 'basis' of Christianity if there was one is the Jewish messianic prophecies which Jesus' followers managed to convince people that he had fulfilled.

Try and find someone saying that's the whole basis of Christianity is a loving god from somewhere within the first 1000 years of it's history.

You just aren't agreeing with it because of your Atheistic viewpoint.
Not at all, you have it completely backwards. I have an atheistic viewpoint because of the stupidity of Christianity mostly, as that is the religion in which I was raised.

They were always given a chance to change in every instance and live by his higher standards and become his people even if they were not natural Israelites

This was also true in the conquest of the promised land in every instance

They were always given a chance to change in every instance and live by his higher standards and become his people even if they were not natural Israelites

This was also true in the conquest of the promised land in every instance

Did the firstborn children of egypt have a chance to change before god murdered them?

Anyway even if I accept your argument at face value...

So if I give someone a chance to change before I kill them that makes me not a murderer does it?

So it's only murder and violence if it's done to 'loyal' people?

Nope. God's killcount in the bible is in the thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands or millions.

---------- Post added 17-01-2016 at 13:07 ----------

Well then they must either believe that loads of parts of the bible are wrong, or that their god is not the one in the bible.

Christians have a lot of cognitive dissonance, I know, that's why I stopped being one.

Also, you're only speaking for wishy washy liberal Christians, there are plenty out there who at the very least think their god is extremely misogynistic, and use their religion to suppress women, probably millions of them.

And also let's not forget the god-mandated violence that Christians still do in some parts of the world to people they label as 'witches'.

No not at all, that's a very modern thing, not in any way the 'whole basis of Christianity'.

The 'basis' of Christianity if there was one is the Jewish messianic prophecies which Jesus' followers managed to convince people that he had fulfilled.

Try and find someone saying that's the whole basis of Christianity is a loving god from somewhere within the first 1000 years of it's history.

Not at all, you have it completely backwards. I have an atheistic viewpoint because of the stupidity of Christianity mostly, as that is the religion in which I was raised.

Haha you are just arguing for the sake of it now. :hihi:

Heaven forbid anyone should say anything which isn't negative about Christianty and/or religion and you immediately denounce it, despite it being factual.:roll:

You keep on banging the drum though. People will keep on believing.

Heaven forbid anyone should say anything which isn't negative about Christianty and/or religion and you immediately denounce it, despite it being factual.:roll:

Ok so you've completely given up discussing the points I made and instead just ad hominem me.

I'm really not 'just arguing for the sake of it', I've made substantive points that I believe to be true with reference to your own argument.

Now I know your side in this argument is hard, but that really does seem like you just gave up.

My post will still be there if you actually want to continue the discussion, you can ignore this one and just make an actual response to the previous one if you want, that would be best if you were actually interested in discussion of the topic. I suspect you won't, but would like to be wrong.

Edited by flamingjimmy

So you only believe the good things in the bible not the bad bits,you will find that more and more people in this country are not believing this rubbish.

Ok so you've completely given up discussing the points I made and instead just ad hominem me.

I'm really not 'just arguing for the sake of it', I've made substantive points that I believe to be true with reference to your own argument.

My post will still be there if you actually want to continue the discussion, I suspect you won't, but would like to be wrong.

You've only given your opinions and not backed them up....:huh:

My statement was perfectly valid. Christian's do not hold the viewpoint that their God is all the things previously described. Jesus isn't described as any of those things.

You are just using those descriptions to further your own view of God....whom you don't believe in anyway, so your point is rather invalid and that's why I'm not arguing (sorry debating...wink, wink).

Oh that and the fact that you nor I can prove/disprove the existence of God and this whole thread being rather pointless. That and the thread being used as a medium for a collection of Athiests all slapping each other on the back and producing tired, repeated arguments for the non-existence of a God, thinking how clever they are. :roll:

What if they were going to kill your children ? Then what would you do ?

The people of Egypt could of taken Jehovah's side at any time before even the first plague

He is still the same today .He is giving people a chance to come to know him before

He cleans up the earth on a permanent basis.

2Peter 3:9Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/good-news-from-god/

Edited by kingdom