Ebola - God cured me!

Typical anti Christian animus on display here. :roll:

Wasn't this guy and his church over there helping people? give him a brake!

His religious label is irrelevant, he failed to give thanks to the people that saved his life and gave credit to his god. All this in 2014, it's a shame that some people still live in the Bronze Age.

Typical anti-Christian animus on display here. :roll:

Wasn't this guy and his church over there helping people? give him a brake!

Just what I'm thinking, its always seems to be only the Christians Snaily Boy likes to have a jibe at.

The Doctor was working for one of the Christian Organisation who help people suffering in underdeveloped Countries by providing medical staff, drugs and equipment, but for some reason they're are people who object to that.

His religious label is irrelevant, he failed to give thanks to the people that saved his life and gave credit to his god. All this in 2014, it's a shame that some people still live in the Bronze Age.
You've got that all wrong, probably judging by a short clip you saw on the news or something you read in the media.

I saw the interview in full, as well as hearing him being interviewed on Radio 5 live.

He couldn't thank the medical staff enough giving them hugs and showing appreciation.

Not only that, he certainly didn't appear to give the impression he was more special then any one else in any way, his main concern was for those people at threat or dying from the disease, expressing very clearly how much he hoped the media attention he was getting would draw attention to the plight of those people.

Just what I'm thinking, its always seems to be only the Christians Snaily Boy likes to have a jibe at.

The Doctor was working for one of the Christian Organisation who help people suffering in underdeveloped Countries by providing medical staff, drugs and equipment, but for some reason they're are people who object to that.

You've got that all wrong, probably judging by a short clip you saw on the news or something you read in the media.

I saw the interview in full, as well as hearing him being interviewed on Radio 5 live.

He couldn't thank the medical staff enough giving them hugs and showing appreciation.

Not only that, he certainly didn't appear to give the impression he was more special then any one else in any way, his main concern was for those people at threat or dying from the disease, expressing very clearly how much he hoped the media attention he was getting would draw attention to the plight of those people.

"God saved my life" that's a direct quote.

I agree- from what I observed, he was emotional and clearly his hugging of medical staff etc was an indication he was grateful to the help and care they provided.

It appears to me that some atheists do not look any further than what they see top line- those of religious faith who do believe in God, will always ultimately accept that life and death is not in our hand- we don't control anything of it.

This guy was just accepting the fact that his life was in God's hand- some people make it and some don't. We hear about things like this everyday- even the best medication or hospital sometimes cannot save a persons life-so if a dear one of an atheist dies, do they blame the Doctors or what??

Seems to me many like to blame the god they don't actually believe exists..:help:

Considering that Ebola has a case fatality rate of up to 90%, I'd be thanking every medical person and quite a few gods. If it was all down to the medical staff wouldn't there be a lower fatality rate?

He received an experimental serum

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 14:21 ----------

I agree- from what I observed, he was emotional and clearly his hugging of medical staff etc was an indication he was grateful to the help and care they provided.

It appears to me that some atheists do not look any further than what they see top line- those of religious faith who do believe in God, will always ultimately accept that life and death is not in our hand- we don't control anything of it.

This guy was just accepting the fact that his life was in God's hand- some people make it and some don't. We hear about things like this everyday- even the best medication or hospital sometimes cannot save a persons life-so if a dear one of an atheist dies, do they blame the Doctors or what??

Seems to me many like to blame the god they don't actually believe exists..:help:

So what of the much vaunted 'free will' that was supposedly granted. How does that fit in with 'we don't control anything of it'.

So if you jumped off a very tall building do you think god might save you? Do you not look after your health as you believe that only god will decide your fate?

This story reminds me of someone being interviewed after the Haiti earthquake. He was asked whether it didn't make him question his faith in god. He said it didn't as he'd survived. The fact that thousands of others had been killed was irrelevant to him.

The guy is a Christian and if he was over there just uselessly saying "god will heal you" etc, and thats it, then the OP would have a point, but at the end of the day he and the rest of his team are doctors giving proper medical treatment to Ebola sufferers.

Its a shame the OP feels the urge to start such a vindictive thread about good people, what about the morons that attacked and looted a treatment centre there? http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-treatment-center-attacked-infected-patients-scatter-181410542.html

Edited by Guest

So if you jumped off a very tall building do you think god might save you? Do you not look after your health as you believe that only god will decide your fate?

This story reminds me of someone being interviewed after the Haiti earthquake. He was asked whether it didn't make him question his faith in god. He said it didn't as he'd survived. The fact that thousands of others had been killed was irrelevant to him.

How do you know they were irrelevant to him?

Some may have been his relatives and people he cared about. What he said doesn't have to imply he wouldn't grieve for their loss. He knew his turn to die would come one day, but may have just accepted that God had spared him for the purpose of staying alive longer to be of service to those people who needed him.