Ebola - God cured me!

Where is that in the bible ?

I said it was used as an excuse. Here's a quote from a US judge in 1959.

“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

— Judge Leon M. Bazile, January 6, 1959

Where is that in the bible ?

Things like the part anywebsite just showed you, where it says that it's totally ok to take foreigners as slaves, including children.

You said it only applies in a culture that its applicable to. Plenty of white slaveowners thought it was applicable to them.

If your bible contained an unambiguous condemnation of slavery that would have been so much better, it might have prevented so much suffering.

Unfortunately though the bible was not written by a divine all knowing being nor through guidance from such a being but by men, that's why it contains passages talking about how to treat your slaves.

Unless we are living in that culture this isn't applicable to our lives today !

What about seafood, that one seems quite firm?

All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 9:10

John 3 v 16

16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.…

John 3:18

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

John 3:36

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them.

Ephesians 2:4

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,

2 Thessalonians 2:16

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,

Why do you keep quoting reams of man-written stuff which don't actually answer the question?

Things like the part anywebsite just showed you, where it says that it's totally ok to take foreigners as slaves, including children.

You said it only applies in a culture that its applicable to. Plenty of white slaveowners thought it was applicable to them.

If your bible contained an unambiguous condemnation of slavery that would have been so much better, it might have prevented so much suffering.

Unfortunately though the bible was not written by a divine all knowing being nor through guidance from such a being but by men, that's why it contains passages talking about how to treat your slaves.

I meant about mixed marriages

---------- Post added 19-05-2015 at 08:22 ----------

Why do you keep quoting reams of man-written stuff which don't actually answer the question?

I feel it does answer the question, It is you who doesnt want to see the answers

---------- Post added 19-05-2015 at 08:26 ----------

What about seafood, that one seems quite firm?

All that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 9:10

as we have said this was written Before Christ ! old testament law is different to new testament law ! we are living under the grace of Jesus ding for our sins so that we can have a relationship with him the old testament bares witness to this as much is proficiency that is also confirmed in the new testament

---------- Post added 19-05-2015 at 08:27 ----------

I said it was used as an excuse. Here's a quote from a US judge in 1959.

“Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.”

— Judge Leon M. Bazile, January 6, 1959

so God didnt intend for us to leave our homelands ?, he made us curious and told us to preach the good news to the world ? God knew exactly what would happen

so God didnt intend for us to leave our homelands ?, he made us curious and told us to preach the good news to the world ? God knew exactly what would happen

Ah so we don't have free will then.

Or did god not know exactly what would happen?

God knew how we would behave but didn't want us to have no choice !

So god, who made the universe, and set in motion the chain of events that led to me, created me, and knows exactly how I will behave for my whole life... yet I have free will.

Hmm

God knew how we would behave but didn't want us to have no choice !

If God knows how we are going to act in the future, then surely our future is preordained and we have no free will. After all we cannot act in a way different to what God has seen.

If God knows how we are going to act in the future, then surely our future is preordained and we have no free will. After all we cannot act in a way different to what God has seen.

We have freewill to chose to have a relationship with God or not hence freewill , just like you have freewill not to murder your neighbour